Chapter 48

Matias Point of View

All my efforts went waste.

All my hopes, expectations and calculations went wrong. I did not expect her to accept my offer altogether but I thought I will be able to calm her down at least but seems like her newly acquired hate for me much stronger than I thought.

Not to forget Maya's share of despise!

This is just not done. All my efforts are nothing bust dust now. It seems like no matter what I do, I'm falling lower as if I'm being played by someone like a puppet.

I hate her!

I hate that despite being my wife she proved to be a waste of a resource to me.

"What not I give her? I showed her love, I was caring just like a husband should be; I was good to her and respected her. And when it came to reciprocating back to me, she all but pushed me away. She made a joke of me." I chided to myself, breaking yet another valuable vase.

"This is all because of you." I shouted finally turning to Maya who is in vegetable state in a wheelchair. Her body is paralyzed and so is her voice seeing that she was in coma for more than twenty five years.

But her eyes, they look terrified and cautious.

Pathetic!

"If it weren't for you discovering one of my darkest secrets, then you wouldn't be here in this condition. You would be a very valuable resource in taking to the throne." I complained in a loud tone as the darkness which I was hiding with a smile slowly started to evoke.

My mind and body is now fully filled with anger and resentment. Every inch of me is out of control when things finally reached to the stage where I cannot take control over them.

"That's enough! Calm down and keep your mind stable." Piero quickly walked into the destroyed room followed by Bria who looked to be in extreme worry.

Good! Only these two are lacking in the celebration!

"Calm down? Pray tell me in what Joy! Stop asking me to calm down and tell me where the hell was she till now? Who took her away and why is she found back miraculously?"

"It was a staff from the hospital who managed to take her away. He has some grudges against Demetri regarding a case he took in the past so he managed to kidnap Maya to get a compensation for his losseswhen he learned about Demetri's relation with her. But my men caught him before he did anything to her." Piero answered calmly but even a two year kid can see that he did not believe the whole kidnapping plot.

Not fully at least!

"Look at the strange side of this kidnap, the woman who was in coma for almost three decades, woke up in a few days with a kidnapper. What is he? A prophet?" Bria commented exactly what was running in my mind.

I narrowed my eyes at an unmoving but awake Maya and walked to her in slow dangerous steps. Kneeling down before her on one leg, I cocked my head to one side and looked up and down assessing her.

"Did you get back your voice, Maya dear?" Just as those words left my mouth, her already wide eyes widened in fright. "You spoke something you shouldn't to someone, didn't you?"

"Who took you?" I asked running a cold finger over her cheeks and when it reached her neck, I caught her by her neck tightly. "What did you tell them? What did you tell the people who took you away?"

Tightening my grasp over her neck she tried to use her paralyzed body to defend all the while making no sound as she struggled.

"F**k, what if whoever took her away got their hands on – " Piero stopped himself with a gasp.