Chapter 41

Arsenio Point of View

I looked down towards the lady sleeping peacefully on the bed with different machines and wires attached to her. Her health statistics were normal yet she has been sleeping over more than two decades.

What made her like this?

There was no external wound, no sign of poisoning; what made her go into coma for such a long time?

"What do you think, Tia?" I asked Tia, who was lost in thoughts at the sight of her once best friend, Maya Regio.

Her face contorted with a mix of sadness and disappointment. She wasn't feeling pained for her friend surprisingly, she was instead disappointed at her over something.

"Did you know why your father was named the most cruel and ruthless ruler of Garcia legacy?" She suddenly asked making me stumped by her sudden reference to my father.

I shook my head wordlessly and waved everyone in the room to leave us alone. I walked to her and sat on the chair in front of her getting interested in what she was about to say.

"Because he cared for none. None held a soft corner in his heart, not even your mother." I do know about it.

Mama was the sweetest person I had ever seen in thirty plus years of my life. She is not just passionate but compassionate as well. I saw her many times tearing up over someone else pain too. She was one of the loving Queen Malaga had ever seen.

But such a good woman was given in marriage to a person like Padre. He was everything that mama wasn't.

"But?" I asked sensing a 'but' in her tone.

"But Maya." What?

"He was in love with Maya?" I exclaimed getting creeped with Padre's unending theatrics in his life.

Of all the women in the world, he liked Maya Regio? Unbelievable!

"Not love, dear. Your father never had the heart to love anyone. Instead he had his eyes on Maya. He desired her; a desire that would vanish away soon as it is sated." Well, well, well, now that is interesting!

Padre was a womanizer too? Is there anything bad that he is not?

Good thing I only inherited a part of Casanova complexion from him but unlike him I'm actually a loyal husband to my wife which is even surprising to me as well.

Until Val came into my life, I was always jumping from one bed to other. But she successfully installed an antivirus version of love inside me and I was as good as a reformed rake.

"You mean to say he chased after Maya for sexual purpose?" I asked making sure to make it sound as respectful as I can since I'm referring to an adult and a friend of Tia.

"Precisely. Maya was a very beautiful woman in the past. Not just beautiful but she was also skillful in several arts. The Regio's are a family of ruthless prosecutors that climbed their way into the high society with their success and achievements. They didn't care if they are fighting for right or wrong, they only fought for success. But Maya was like a beautiful flower between thorns. She was unlike her family."

"Maya was a righteous person unlike her family. Sometimes I wished she was such righteous because that would always attract wrong eyes towards her. It was when she went head on bravely to prove a very influential person wrong in the court and give justice to her client that was when your father saw her. He desired the fuming hot woman who has a temper of a sailor. Mind you, your father was already married to your mother at that time."

Hold on, how come this has become a story of Padre and Maya? Isn't it a little secret between Matias and Maya?

Padre wanted her, he desired her but Maya did not oblige into need. So that was what made Padre have a soft spot for her. He tried hard to get her but she never got into his hands whatsoever. As the desire to have her increased in him, his heart slowly made a small corner for her.