Chapter 34

Arsenio Point of View

For once in a long time, this is one of those very calm and satisfying moments. It felt good to have those old foxes around me nagging me endlessly with their suppositions.

The council Members of the state of Malaga are few of those people who can lay their lives for the prosperity of the state. And for that to happen, they had always given me their infinite supply of support from the backend.

"You made the right move, Majesty. It is better you reveal it to the world about the Prince." The PR Minister commented receiving a series of nods from the others.

The Cabinet room was filled with these old ministers who ran to have a meeting with me after I anonymously released the news of the existence of my son to the world.

They were shocked, yes but more than that, they are happy.

"I wanted to keep his identity in the dark until we could eliminate the danger but now that they got the wind of news, it is better we keep the Prince in the light where he is clearly seen to everyone." I provided.

"Certainly Majesty. Although we are getting numerous phone calls and emails with greetings and congratulations while there are few who are questioning the legitimacy of the Prince. The Prince was legitimate but explaining this to the world is necessary." The Minister of International Affairs provided.

"That needs to wait. My son will have his identity cleared and will be named the heir except, we have to wait until we could eliminate Matias and his accomplices first. We still do not have a solid evidence of Matias' sins so it is better we get to it quickly first."

Matias is one clever man leaving no evidence at the scene of crimes he had done. It was as if even we have few proofs, they lead to someone else while clearing Matias' name ultimately.

"Right, Majesty, Luci and I had done what you asked for. You can find the results by tonight." The Internal Affairs Minister spoke.

"By tonight?"

"Yes, since we will be locked in the council meeting till the evening, we will not be doubted for whatever that happens tonight." I hummed in agreement as Luci came into the meeting room and provided everyone with the prospectus of the discussions.

We have been in the meeting from ten in the morning only getting out to have lunch and it is already four in the evening. We had made clear discussions and decisions regarding several affairs of the state while some of the precious time was spent on plotting a nicely weaved web for Matias.

Should I say, the old foxes are more interested in plotting against Matias than state affairs that are waiting to be addressed?

I wonder what made all those ministers despise Matias to such an extent!

"Trade in the northeastern part of the state has been seeing recession recently due to many imitated production from the border cities outside. The quality of the imitation was surprisingly good and the price was cheap and affordable. When we calculated the overall businesses and their transaction values, we found out that they had been levying extra prices in the name of heavy taxes and had been looting the consumers while the border cities outside took the advantage of it and started producing several categories of goods with good quality and cheaper price considering the low cost of the raw material over there."

"Didn't you confirm the selling price on the packages according to the regulations of the market?"

"We did Majesty but that was for the goods with a package and a selling price on it. But this problem arose with the goods with no packaging; like textiles, timber etc. Their prices vary from place to place and seller to seller."