Chapter 44

Arsenio Point of View

Mama always used to say that there is a better world than what we are seeing and it is only seen when we empty ourselves from all the burdens we carry.

Sounds too deep and unrealistic.

She is a philanthropist therefore see good in everything but my views are different. Some burdens are better than having none at all.

Sometimes it is those burdens that lead us through life and give a new meaning to it.

While I prefer having those particular burdens for myself, I wish Tia achieve Mama's philosophy. She was being trapped between going soft on a person who she loved for almost four decades and having a clear mind of all the possible mistakes and sins he has been committing.

Neither she could hold on to the thread of hope nor could she leave it. I can see the hell she is going through.

Although she is pretty furious on Matias and despised him, he was still the person she loved so much. Seeing her being sandwiched between her feelings and justice pains my heart.

She has always been a great aunt to me. Although she is an outside member and an aunt by marrying into the family, she was closer to me than Matias who is my blood uncle.

I rubbed my head and massaged it slowly to sooth the pain. It is quite in my study, thankfully but is not quite in my heart. It is filled with possibilities of Tia getting hurt beyond repair due to Matias and I.

I, because I still did not tell her the truth about my parents slaughter in the hands of her husband. In one way, I'm still using her against her husband which is making feel like crap.

I sighed and tried to concentrate on the business stuff that I have to read and sigh. These few days while I'm busy with Matias, Luci has been taking good care of the business with the help of Arran.

Getting the work done quickly, I walked to the dining room to have lunch and maybe clear my mind. Going inside, I noticed Tia already seated and having her lunch served by the staff.

"Serve him the lunch." She ordered the staff once she saw me. She did not meet my eyes and just kept to herself which has been her behavior from past couple of days.

I don't know the reason for getting a cold shoulder from her but seeing how upset she is, it must be something reasonable.

I asked the staff to leave us alone in the room once my lunch is served. For few moments I ate silently but I'm itching to know why exactly is she upset with me.

Damn! Women in my life are too strong willed!

"Tia, can you please tell me what made you upset with me?" I mumbled softly all the while testing the waters of her mood.

She kept mum and continued eating not even giving me a glance. She has been the same from the time she got back from Bianchi house the other day.

Did Val thought of a new way to torture me?

Did she say something to Tia to make her mad at me?

"Did Val say something to you, Tia? Trust me they are all lies. I'm innocent." Just those words and she arched her head crookedly to me and raised her perfectly trimmed grey eyebrow.

Taking this as an advantage I produced a small pout to her that usually works every time. She looked on at me for a good minute and went back to eating without a word.

Before I could coax her further, my phone pinged with a message from Arran saying he noticed a movement from Maya's toes.

I shot up and walked into my study gesturing the surprised Tia to follow me to the study after few minutes. I cannot put down my guard even in my own mansion as Matias may have his people in staff.