The One And Only

S's P.O.V

I didn't know what had just happened. Zach was groaning next to me clutching his hand and Luke was cursing while holding his face. I didn't know which one to console first. But why did Zach hit Luke?

Before I had the opportunity to think anymore, my decision of who to console first was made for me, as Luke recovered and came towards Zach.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold up guys"

"What the hell man, who the fuck are you? Who do you think you are? I'm going to kill you!"

I had to hold Luke back.

"Me? Who the hell are YOU? And what the hell are you doing hugging my boyfriend!"

I paused and Luke also looked confused.

"Zach?"

"Yeah. And who the hell are you?"

I couldn't control it anymore. I burst out laughing and went towards my adorable boyfriend. I couldn't believe that Zach Connor, my blushing little sweetheart, had just punched a guy because he was jealous.

"Z. Did you just punch Luke, my childhood best friend, who might I add is as straight as one can get, because you were jealous?"

By now Luke had understood what had happened and was suppressing his laughter behind his smirk while still cradling his cheek. Damn Zach can pack a mean punch.

"Luke? The one who had gone to visit his grandparents?"

"The one and only" Luke bowed.

As realization dawned upon Z, he slowly started turning his tomato red state. And then followed the sputtering. I officially have the best boyfriend one could ask for.

"I- Uhm- I- Didn't- I'm- Didn't- Know- I'm Sorry" he said and buried his head into my shoulder.

Luke and I burst out laughing again.

"Dude, I love Simon, but not enough to steal him from you."

"Oh! you know you want this" I said pointing towards myself.

"No, he doesn't" Zach said elbowing me.

"Aw I didn't know you were so possessive baby" I said pinching his cheeks.

He swatted my hand away mumbling something under his breath. Luke bid us bye saying something along the lines of him not wanting to get punched again to which Zach again went into a rant of apologies.

I took him inside after bidding Luke goodbye. Mom, Dad, Sam and John were still discussing about the wedding and its details. I knew they were getting married sooner for me, and I am glad that Sam found someone who loves her so much. I was never a believer of god and a supreme being, but today I was feeling blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love and care for me more than I could ever.

There are few moments when I feel scared. For myself, for my family, and for Zach. I do not want to leave them behind struggling. They deserve all the happiness and much more. I try to hide my pain from them as much as I can. It gets difficult at times, the pain gets intolerable, and I know that they can see it.

I do not know what to do. I felt helpless, I felt hopeless. But I was not giving up on myself. If not for anyone, then Zach. He is the love of my life and apart from the obvious pain I am causing him, I do not want to hurt him anymore. Lucky are those who find that one person in their lifetime who loves them with all their heart. I had always hoped to find that someone for myself, and now that I had, all I hoped for was that Zach would meet someone who will love him more than me and take care of my British dude.

________________________

I know it was a short chapter. 

Simon is a brave beautiful soul who deserves better than what's been served to him. The writer shouldn't do what she is doing to him!

Do let me know what you think of the chapter.

~Kiara