Laurens' Birthday/Road Trip!

A/N: he already had a fluffy day, so this is all angst. Be prepared!

"Where? What?" James asked when he came back. "You know what? Let's just skip to why?"

"What do you mean?" Laurens asked.

"Unless I'm blind there is a turtle in my bed!" James stated.

"Sorry. Peggy said she was gonna feed him. But Peggy always takes him out cause she thinks he's cute." Laurens replied.

"Ok, but why is a turtle here?"

"It was a birthday gift from Peggy." Laurens explained.

"When was your birthday?"

Laurens looked at the clock, he didn't realize it, but it was midnight.

"Well today. But I never celebrate my birthday the day of." He neglected the fact he had never celebrated his birthday except for once before.

"Today as in midnight, or today as in earlier?" James asked.

"Midnight."

"Well, if you don't celebrate today then happy late birthday I guess." James shrugged and went to bed, forgetting the turtle was there. "Ahh!"

James got up and put the turtle back in the cage? (I've never had a turtle.)

The next morning, everyone got a text inviting them to a dinner. Angelica and her boyfriend wanted to meet all her friends and family. Hercules Mulligan couldn't make it, he had work and couldn't make the three hour drive. Everyone else was gonna go.
Angelica left early to help John Church prepare, and everyone else was going to arrive at 7. Alexander met Laurens, Eliza, and Laf at the coffee shop for breakfast. It was Sunday so no one had any classes.

"So, are we all going to Ange and John's dinner tonight?" Eliza asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"I think so." Alexander responded. "Is Peggy coming?"

"Yeah, she just wanted to make sure that by family and friends, that Angelica wasn't inviting Kitty."

"How much longer is she staying?" Laf asked.

"The rest of the month I think. Maybe longer." Eliza sighed. "Oh, by the way. Happy Bir...."

"Don't!" Laurens exclaimed, catching everyone off guard. "We celebrated yesterday which was fun, but I swear that this day is cursed."

"It can't be that bad." Alexander replied.

"I got beat up, not even my foster parents remembered it was my birthday, I found out I was supposedly moving to Boston because they didn't want me anymore and I was going to be transferred from the school I worked so hard to get in to and was even awarded a scholarship for." Laurens stated. "Shall I go further back then last year?"

Alexander snickered a little bit and Eliza just about shoved him out of his chair. Lafayette laughed at the two.

After a while, Peggy pulled up with her brand new car. (It's the same car, I promise she's not that snooty to buy a new car every time i say that. We love Pegs.) She met them at the coffee shop.

"Alright! Let's go!" Lafayette called out. They had all agreed that since it was a long trip, Lafayette should drive since he was the best driver.

"Shotgun!" Alexander called.

"Nice try. My car." Peggy pushed him aside and jumped in the front seat.

"Your girlfriend is five." Alexander joked to Laurens.

"I know, but so is my brother." Laurens chuckled. Alexander did a fake gasp of shock, but they all knew that it was true.

They drove for about an hour before it started to rain. (See where I'm going with this?) It was just a sprinkle at first, but then it became much more.