chapter 6 - "The Stroll"

I proceed to walk into the house and i was stunned by how adorable it was. There were so many pictures of Lucy and her husband together when they were young hung everywhere. The first floor had the living room, kitchen,dining room, a den, a bathroom, and a closet.

      In the living room she had powder pink walls with 2 beige sofas and a wooden coffee table in the middle. The living room had brown shagged carpet.  It even had a chimneys area.

     We then went into the kitchen. The kitchen itself had an island in the middle it was cute oh my god. The wall was a light orange color and the cabinets were wooden brown. She even had little steps that led to the dining area.  The dining table was  dark wood with fresh flowers in the middle.

     She then showed me the den which had a mini library, a pink couch, a yellow reading chair with a mini table next to it, and some candles. We skipped the tour of the bathroom and went upstairs.

     Upstairs there were 3 bedrooms, and bathroom. She showed me her daughters old room which was just all monochrome yellow. It was really cute but not me. Good thing that's not where id be staying. Id feel weird sleeping in some other girls bed. Lucy then showed me my room.

     It was kind of empty since its a spare but i could work with it. The bed had an iron frame. The room was a light mint-blue color and the bedding was white with light-blue flowers all over it. There was a white dresser and a full body mirror next to it. There was also a record player sitting on the dresser. The window was a bay window with mint-blue cushions and yellow pillows. It also has a little closet to hang jackets or something. Now this i love.

     "You get settled in dear,while you do that ill make dinner,what would you like?" "Lucy, i will eat anything you make. I dont know how i could repay you for this opportunity!" "Dont worry hun, your company is enough!" She then gave me a big hug and went to make dinner. I swear shes like a cool aunt because no way my mom could be that sweet.

     I unpack my back that has at least two weeks worth of clothes. I fold my clothes into the dresser and organized my shoes in the closet. I brought a lot of cardigans and 1 leather jacket. I hung them all in the closet along with a few dresses.

     After unpacking,i washed my hands and went downstairs to the kitchen. When i got there i was grested by an adorable grey pitbull. "Hey Marina,that's my baby peanut!" "He is so cute!" "Im glad you like him,it looks like he likes you already!" Peanut was wagging his tail and licking me. He is so cute i love it here!

     "Do you need help with anything?" I asked Lucy. "Sure,can you take this to the table please?" "Of course!" I grabbed the plate and took it to the table. We then sat down. "Oh goodness its been so long since i made dinner for someone other than myself." "Well its been a while since ove had a home cooked meal." She then looked at me sadly. "Honey has your mother not cooked for you?" "Not much,her and i didnt really get along,thats part of the reason why i left home." This was sad because this was partly true. Lucy then grabs my hand,"Marina,i dont really know much about you but i can tell you had a troubled past. You have me now. I may not be your mother but ill do a better job than your real one did." I almost cried. "Thank you Lucy. For everything your doing for a girl you just met." "Its my pleasure. Hey your 18 right?" "Yeah?" "You wanna split a wine?" "Id love to!"

     Lucy opened a bottle of red whine which paired nicely with the pasta she made for dinner.  While eating i talked about life back home. I talked about my family and Maya. I did leave out the part that im from the future. Maybe another day.

     She talked about how her and her husband met. They knew eachother since they were kids. They were going steady in 1938,she was 15 and he was 17. When he was drafted in WW2,they wrote eachother when they had the chance. When the war ended in 1945 they were 22 and 24. He proposed at the park they used to go to as kids. They got married a month later because they didnt want to wait . A few months later they had their daughter. Its a cute story.