Chapter 2

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 26, 2020. I'm so tired. Just in general. I'm tired of 2020. I'm tired of online school I'm tired of my family. I'm tired of being alone. I'm just tired. I still love you with all my person, though. Enjoy!

M/n- Mom's name

D/n-Dad's name

Y/n shovels the eggs into her mouth, gazing out the kitchen window. 

"Slow down there, kiddo," her mom laughs.

Y/n freezes, looking up like a deer caught in headlights. She slowly swallows her mouthful. "When you guys were my age, did you imagine things?" She asks.

"Well sure," her dad says. "I imagined that I was a pilot."

"Ok, so when you imagined something, did it ever go in a way opposite of what you wanted?"

"...No?" M/n says.

Y/n shakes her head. "Ok. Forget what I just said." 

"Sweetie?" M/n calls out. "Maybe you should hang out with some friends today. It's summer and the only time you leave the house is to go to the treehouse. Some social interaction would do you some good." Y/n groans and clears her plate, climbing up the stairs to her room. Walking into her bathroom, she strips her clothes and turns the shower on. Waiting for the water to warm up, Y/n gazes at herself in the mirror. 

She pictures a beautiful man walking towards her from their room. He litters kisses along her shoulders up to her neck, trailing towards her lips, where he gently cups her chin and kisses her sweetly. 

Her eyes fly open as a shape darts past her. She shakes it off as getting enraptured in her imagination, but she can't help but think about last night, as well.

Stepping out of the shower and drying off, she selects an outfit for today. The shirt with dark blue and coral embroidery. She pulls out some black jeans. To accessorize, she grabs a brown belt, blue ring, and gray cardigan. Although it's summer, it's still chilly. It is Forks, after all. She slips into her denim Converes.

Y/n grabs her phone and finds the group chat of her friend group

Y/n grabs her phone and finds the group chat of her friend group. They all met in science class during their Freshman year for a group project, and they never changed the chat name.

Chloro-Baes🤪🤪🙃

Y/n the potato🥔hiii do y'all wanna do something today??

Verity the scary girl👁️👅👁️:OMG yess it's been way too long

P-Mac Dog😉: I agree with ver for once

Chris might be gay😘: bowling alley?

Y/n the potato🥔: Chris why did you change your name again

Verity the scary girl👁️👅👁️: YES CHRIS YOU QUEEN SHOUT IT OUT TO THE STREETS BB

P-Mac Dog😉: my god just get to the bowling alley at 12 we can have lunch after

Y/n chuckles at her eccentric group of friends and grabs her purse, clomping down the stairs again. "Can I go to the bowling alley with Verity, Mac, and Chris?" She asks her parents. 

They smile. "Yes, of course! I'm glad you're going out!"

Y/n smiles awkwardly, grabbing the keys to her 1972 Volkswagon Super Beetle. 

*cough*onceuponatime*cough*

Y/n drives smoothly throughout the few roads of Forks until she reaches downtown, where the majority of the shops are. Parking the car, she pulls into the bowling alley and spots her friends. 

Y/n runs up to them and hugs them all. "Y'all are about to get your ass handed to you," she laughs confidently, grabbing a bowling ball.

They spend the next two hours eating food, taking photos, bowling, and laughing. Y/n excuses herself to go to the restroom. Walking down the hall that leads there, she feels eyes on her. Turning around, she sees the guy from last night turn the corner of the hallway and scamper away. 

Opening her mouth in confusion, she begins to say something but stops herself. This is just a sleep-deprived imaginary hallucination. Again. She goes into the bathroom to chill.

Heading back to her friends, they are discussing the upcoming school year. "I heard a new family just moved to town. They are our age. People are saying that they live in the mansion up near the top of the mansion," Chris says.

"Has anyone seen them?" Y/n asks.

"A few people. They're saying they're some of the most beautiful people ever," Verity says with a grin.

"Maybe Y/n here will need a new groupchat name. She could probably entice one of them," Mac chuckles, wrapping an arm around her. 

"Yeah, that's really funny, you playboy."

"Hey!"