Chapter 5

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 5, 2020. How are you all doing at school? I'm doing relatively well. I have 2 A's and the rest are B's. My parents are very strict about schoolwork, so I'm very pressured to do well. How are you guys doing? I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Y/n blinks at the man. "Screw this crap," she says, turning on her side and facing the wall. She swears she hears soft laughter. "Begone demon," she says. "Don't make me excorsise you. You wanna get exorcised? Hm?"

No response. "I've read enough horror stories to know that silence doesn't mean they're gone. The power of Christ compels you!"

Cautiously turning around, she sees the man looking at her with a smirk on his face. Her eyes travel along his body. I don't see any weapons on him, she thinks.

Slowly, Y/n feels herself becoming more and more calm. She looks at the man. "Am I dreaming? I mean, my parents told me as a kid I had night terrors, but I thought they went away. Besides, I'm not really scared. Unless you're going to whip out a machete or something."

"Um, yes. Yeah, you're dreaming," the man says. His voice has a soft southern twang to it.

Y/n's eyes widen in shock. "You do speak. And you're... Texan." She pulls her knees up to her chest. "Ok. Do you want to... sit?" She rolls her eyes to herself. "I'm offering a seat to a dream."

"Sure," he says, sitting down on the edge of her bed. The bed sinks under his weight.

Y/n's eyes widen again. "I've got to be imagining that as well. Well, um, do you have a name?"

"Jasper," he lilts. 

"Jasper," she tries his name out. "I'm Y/n."

"Honored to meet you, darlin."

Y/n blushes. "My dream is flirting with me. That's new." She smirks at him. "So. How come I keep seeing you? Is it some trick my subconscious is playing on me?"

"You're seeing what you want to see," Jasper says, although he sounds unsure. 

"Uh-huh," Y/n says. She reaches her hand out. "Can I touch you?"

Jasper flinches and pulls away. "This is all very suspicious, Jasper." She places her hand on his cheek and he stares at her with big eyes. She grimaces and pulls away.

"You're freezing," she says. Y/n grabs the fleece blanket from the corner of her bed and shuffles on her knees to Jasper. Looking at him, she places the blanket around his shoulders. "That shouldn't be possible."

"It's your imagination, Y/n."

She sighs. "That's true, I guess. You wouldn't know why I keep imagining and dreaming you, do you?"

Jasper pauses. "Um. I came from you, so I can't really answer that."

Y/n smirks. "You seem very unsure of yourself, Jas."

He smiles softly at the nickname. "I know just as much as you do, darlin."

"I like that nickname. Nobody has ever called me pet names. Probably because nobody has ever dated me or liked me."

"You've never been kissed?" He asks.

"I thought you knew as much as I did," Y/n says.

Jasper rolls his eyes. "Unless," Y/n continues, "I'm not dreaming at all and you are a very nice intruder."

"What do you want me to be?"

Y/n stands up, suddenly scared. "What the frick kind of question is that?!" A feeling of relaxation washes over her. "Why... why-?"

"Nuh-uh. You're real, aren't you?"

Jasper doesn't respond. Y/n goes to say something, but becomes overcome with fatigue. Her eyelids droop and she struggles to stay awake. She can't take it anymore and falls asleep. She is about to fall to the floor, but Jasper speeds over to her and catches her before she hits the ground. 

He carries her bridal style to her bed. Placing her gently on the matress, he arranges her head on the pillows. He pulls her blankets up over her body and under her chin. He smiles gently at her and speeds out the window and into the night.

i know this is short