Chapter 4

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 30, 2020. Did any of you watch the Presidential Debate between the orangutang and Biden? That was a complete crap-show. I don't care if I'm an American citizen, this country is a joke. Like, I just want to kill Trump, get Biden and Harris in office and call it a day. K? Cool. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Y/n sits at the dinner table with her parents. "So how was it with your friends today, sweetie?" M/n asks.

"It went really well. We went bowling and had some food," Y/n replies happily.

"You were out for a really long time," M/n says, looking at her daughter.

"I, uh, I was on my way back home when an animal jumped  in front of the car. It looked like a wolf, but nobody really believes me. I told the police about it, but the chief thought I was high."

Her parent's eyes widen. "Are you ok? Why didn't they believe you?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I was upset with the police, so I went over to La Push. There was this guy there named Jacob. Said he lived on the Reserve. He didn't believe me either."

"Oh, yeah, Jacob Black. He's a nice guy," F/n chirps.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay, pumpkin," M/n says, kissing Y/n's forehead. 

They finish up eating and Y/n goes upstairs. Washing her face and brushing her teeth, she changes into a sweatshirt and some shorts. Popping in some headphones, she shuffles music by Girl in Red. 

Heading to a closet in the hallway, she pulls out a bin labeled "Y/n's Fall Decor".

Looking around her room, she maps out where things belong. First, she switches out the sheets and bedspread on her queen-sized bed with one that resembles leaves. She arranges some fall and Halloween throw pillows on top of it. Pulling out a soft grey and orange fleece blanket, she draped it over the corner of her bed.

There is a faux pumpkin that she places on her desk, and she makes space on her shelves for miniature pumpkins that she will buy at the pumpkin path soon. A small gift that Verity got for her is placed on her desk: a mini pastel pink typewriter with skeletons and a gothic quote written on the fake paper. It's one of her favorite gifts she's ever received.

Finally, she's ready for the final touch: fairy lights. Y/n pulls out a large tangle of lights. Some are regular bulbs, some have lights hidden in leaves, and others are in pumpkins and ghosts. After spending a significant amount of time untangling them into their own respective piles. 

She wraps one around her headboard, another around her desk, another atop her shelves, another her bay window, and finally, on her photo collection.

Sighing, she looks around with triumph. "This is good."

ok just pretend that is a queen sized bed and there are more windows

Glancing at the clock, Y/n sees it reads 9:31 pm. Taking out her headphones, she slips in between her freshly changed sheets. Taking a look at the moonlit treeline, she smiles to herself. "I love Forks."

\--/

Y/n walks into school. She spots Vereity, Mac, and Chris. She runs over to them and hugs them.

"Hi guys! I'm so glad we're back in school. I missed you all so much and I can't believe we're seniors," Y/n says.

"I know," Verity laughs. "Hey, have you seen the new kids yet?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Nope. Are they cute?"

Verity and Chris collectively blush. Y/n smirks at them. "So they are."

Suddenly, she feels a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she comes face to face with an attractive man, with golden curls and a crooked smile.

Y/n bolts upright in her bed. Her dream comes flooding back to her. That man looked just like the one I've been seeing. Or imagining.

Turning on the fairylights above her head, their light dimly illuminates the room. And illuminates the man standing in the room. Y/n squeals and throws a pillow at him. Like lightning, he catches it. She bolts upright and runs to the door, but stops. Y/n turns around and looks at him.

He steps out into the light. His face looks exactly like the one in her dream.