Chapter 30

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 12, 2020. I'm going back home today. I love the mountains, and especially my grandparent's cabin, but I (surprisingly) miss my room. I should be back up here soon. Not that it really matters to you guys, you still get updates just the same...I decorated for Christmas yesterday!

Y/n knocks on the door to her house and adjusts her e/c contacts. While on the plane, Jasper quietly taught her everything she needs to know in order to trick her parents. The door is flung open and she is tackled by her mother and father.

She laughs and hugs them back. "Guys, it was three days!" 

They pull away and wipe the tears from their eyes. "Oh, I know," M/n says. "But still. Now, come inside and tell us everything. By the way, you're a little cold. You might want to put on a sweater or something, pumpkin."

\--/

"...So after our hike, we went back to the hotel and packed up for our flight," Y/n says, retelling her cover story to her parents.

They smile warmly at her. "I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. Now, for the real question..."

Y/n tenses up. "You and Jasper stayed in seperate rooms, right? There was no sexual business between the two of you?"

Y/n remains tense. "Nope. I stayed with Alice and he stayed with the boys. No... fornication." Jesus Christ, not only do I have to lie about being dead, I have to lie about that! She thinks.

F/n looks at her intently. "...Okay. Now, go upstairs and shower and unpack, and come back down here when you're done."

Y/n nods and climbs up the stairs. When she's out of their view, she places her head in her hands and slumps against her bedroom door. "Did it go well?" A familiar voice asks.

"They bought it. But still," Y/n replies, not even needing to look up to know who it is. 

Jasper sits down beside her. "I'm sorry, darlin'. I really am."

\--/

Y/n climbs out of her car at school the next morning and runs up to Verity, hugging her tightly. "You're back!" She squeals.

Mac gives her a quick hug and Chris, extra as ever, gave her the cheek-to-cheek air kiss.

Verity clings to her arm. "Tell us everything! How did it go? Was it pretty? Did the outfits work?"

Mac looks her up and down. "Looks like you really took their styling to heart. Did you change your style?"

Y/n looks down. "Yeah, I guess I did."

Verity gasps. "Well, something happened that made you do this!"

Y/n leans against her car sheepishly. "What did you do?" Chris asks.

"I am a completely different person," she says.

"What?"

"I am no longer a complete potato."

Everyone collectively gasps and grips to each other. "LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!" Chris cries out. 

"You had sex?!" Mac asks loudly. 

Verity feigns fainting. "Yes! God, shut up!" Y/n exclaims.

"Oh, my god. Lord have mercy on my soul," Verity gasps, clutching her chest. "When? How? Was it hot? Did you do it more than once."

Y/n blushes and covers her face with her hands. "Not saying anything," she mutters.

"PLEASE TELL US!" Chris yells. Y/n slaps a hand over his mouth.

"Would you all shut up?!"

Verity glances at Y/n's midsection. "Were you guys careful at least?"

Y/n visibly saddens when she remembers her and Jasper's fight. "Yes, we were careful. I'm on the...pill. And I'm fine."

A hand slips around her waist and a kiss is pressed against her temple. She smiles and turns, looking up at Jasper. She kisses him softly, but pulls away and rolls her eyes when her friends start whooping and wolf-whistling behind them.

"Hi," she says.

"Hi, he drawls. "You okay?" He asks quietly.

She nods and gives him a weak smile. "It's just odd," she whispers back. Clearing her throat, she begins talking normally again. "I'll catch up with you in a bit, okay?"

"Alright, darlin'. I love you." He kisses her again, tilting her chin up.

"I love you too," she mumbles dreamily as he walks away.

"You guys said 'I love you'?!" Verity squeals.

Y/n laughs. Verity links arms with her and ushers her away from the boys. "So what's wrong?"

"What?"

"Something is obviously wrong. You know you can tell me anything, and I won't judge you."

Y/n sighs and tries to think of a way to tell her without telling her. "I kinda found out that I...I can't have...kids."

Sadness washes over Verity's face. "Oh, baby. I'm so sorry." She hugs her tightly and Y/n hugs back gratefully. "It'll be okay, I promise."