Chapter 6

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 7, 2020. What song/album/soundtrack have you been listening to nonstop? For me, it's pretty equally split between Melanie Martinez's new album, "After School EP" and Beetlejuice the Musical's soundtrack. Melanie because it is new music and it's amazing, and Beetlejuice because it is SpOoKy SeAsOn. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Y/n rolls over on her side and curls into the fetal position. She runs through last night's events in her head. Or rather, her dream. The beginning is clear, how she threatened him and realized it was a dream. But the the longer the memory plays, the fuzzier it gets until it's black. 

She sighs and crawls out of bed. Hopping in the shower, she allows the steam to envelop her. Water drips down her body as she wracks her brain to remember. Grabbing her outfit for today, she gives up. "Whatever. It was just a dream, anyways," she sighs to herself.

Y/n glances at her calendar. "August 28th," it reads. She groans. Only a handful of days until her 1st day of senior year. She realizes she doesn't have any of the material that her school told her to get. 

"Guess I'm going shopping today," she grumbles, selecting her outfit for the day, which is black skinny jeans, a maroon tank top, blue flannel shirt, brown ankle boots, another blue ring, and a grey beanie. She puts her h/c hair into a low bun and places the beanie on her head carefully.

Walking down the stairs, she remembers that it's later in the day, and her parent's have left for work

Walking down the stairs, she remembers that it's later in the day, and her parent's have left for work. "Guess I don't need to tell them I'm leaving then." She grabs her keys and gets into her car and heads off into town. 

When Y/n gets there, she parks on the side of the road and heads into the bookshop. She loves this place. The witchy-esque aesthetic, candles, and scent of old books has always relaxed Y/n. She smiles to herself. 

She approaches the woman at the check-out counter. "Hi, I'm from Forks and in the email they sent out they said we could pick up our textbooks here?" Y/n says.

The woman smiles. "That is correct! May I ask what grade your in?"

"I'm a senior."

"Ooh, are you going to leave Forks after you graduate?" She asks.

"I'm hoping to go to college."

"Well, good luck. Lemme grab those books." She disappears into the back and remerges with a stack of books. "Want a bag?"

"It's ok," Y/n replies. She takes a seat in one of their armchairs and looks at the books. Precalculus, AP World History, and Physics. 

She groans quietly. "I hate school. At least I get 1 elective."

Y/n already knows what she wants to major in. English literature and journalism. Yes. She's double majoring. She's always wanted to pursue a career in writing, and she's finally reached the point in her life where she can start making those decisions. 

Leaving the bookstore, she heads into the supermarket and snags a backpack and some leather paint  from the back to school shelf. Y/n looks it over. "I can decorate this," she says.

With her purchases in hand, she heads back to her car and starts back home.

\--/

Y/n turns on Disney+ and selects her favorite Disney Princess movie, Mulan. Beauty and the Beast is a close second, but she really admires Mulan. 

She spreads paper towels and the paint out on the floor in front of the t.v. Setting the backpack down on the paper towels, Y/n puts an apron on and grabs paintbrushes and pencils. 

The decoration takes about an hour. First she sketched the idea on some paper. Then she sketched on the backpack. The last step was to paint and fill in the sketches. 

After grabbing a blow dryer to speed up the drying process because Y/n is impatient, she surveys her handiwork with a smile. There are different symbols for different movies. Mike, Mushu, Stitch, Olaf, Cheshire Cat, Tinkerbell, Yiago, balloons, the Incredibles logo, Mickey, a snowflake, a clamshell, a wizarding hat, the castle, the slipper, and the lamp decorate the backpack.

 Mike, Mushu, Stitch, Olaf, Cheshire Cat, Tinkerbell, Yiago, balloons, the Incredibles logo, Mickey, a snowflake, a clamshell, a wizarding hat, the castle, the slipper, and the lamp decorate the backpack

"Oh yeah," Y/n sighs. "This is good."

She leans against the couch and closes her eyes. When she opens them again, Jasper is admiring her backpack. She jumps a little, startled. "Guess I fell asleep again. Hi, Jas," she greets.

He looks up at her and smiles. "This is really good." He picks up the backpack to admire it closely. Y/n's eyes narrow, but she says nothing. 

"Thank you," she replies. "I'm assuming you know about Disney."

He chuckles. "Yes. Yes, I know about Disney."

They hear the front doorknob turning and Y/n's head snaps toward the sound. Her mother walks through the door. "Hi, Y/n!" She greets.

Y/n looks back to Jasper, who's disappeared. She blinks. Shouldn't I have just woken up?