Chapter 13

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 19, 2020. I'm hoping to get one more chapter out today. We'll see. I love how much of a contrast I have with my two current stories: this, and then "Fued//Book 2" like in this Y/n and Jasper are finally together and then in my other story Billy is possessed and almost killed Y/n, who is violently and mysteriously sick. LIKE WHAT

Y/n pulls off the highway to the cliff against La Push. She climbs out and opens the trunk, pulling out blankets. "You just... have those with you?" Jasper asks.

She looks at him. "I've lived in Forks all my life. I've learned." Folding them under her arm, she extends her hand to Jasper. He takes it and they set off down the rickety wood stairs to the cold beach. When they get down there, Y/n buttons up Jas's shirt, relying on the fuzzy, bulky material against her skin.

They inch close to the water and lay down a blanket on the sand. Y/n sits down and bundles herself in the extra blankets. She looks up at Jasper. "I don't think that getting under a blanket will warm your body temperature...?"

He shakes his head, laughing softly. "It's better if you keep the blankets to yourself to keep warm. Back when Bella was still human and she had to hide out with Edward, she almost died because he couldn't keep her warm."

"Well, if I get anywhere near dying, it's a good thing you can throw my body in the ocean and let nature reclaim me."

Jasper looks at her, visibly frightened. Y/n stifles a laugh. "Or you can just take me back to the car and turn on the heater," she says. He nods and lays back.

Soon, Y/n head falls back, nestling into his chest. He begins to protest, but Y/n cuts him off. "I'm under all these blankets, relax."

The salt from the sea and the slight smell of popcorn mingles in their noses. Spray lightly douses their faces, frizzing Y/n's hair. Laying on his chest, she listens intently for a heartbeat, but doesn't hear one.

"I still get surprised when I don't hear your heart," Y/n pipes up. "I mean... I know you're dead. But because you feel emotions... I don't know. It doesn't really matter to me anyways, it's just weird. Different."

"Want me to play some heartbeat tracks, darling?" He drawls.

"Butthole."

Jasper laughs as Y/n closes her eyes again, nestling further under the fuzzy flannel of the blankets. 20ish minutes pass and Y/n checks her watch.

"We should get going if we want to catch dinner," she says, groaning as she reluctantly sits up.

They fold the blankets again and climb up the stairs. When they reach the top of the cliff, Y/n blows a kiss to the waves. "You see the beach every day," Jasper lilts.

"So? I could die today. Viva la vida, Major Whitlock."

"Nobody acts like you."

"Cause nobody has the guts to."

\--/

Intertwining fingers, they walk up the steps to the fanciest restaurant in town. "I'm way too underdressed for this, Jas," Y/n whispers nervously.

"You look stunning."

"I look like a lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with that, they have a very comfortable and cozy style. Lesbian earrings are so nice. I'm not even a lesbian and I would totally buy...something..." she trails off when Jas looks at her with an amused face. 

They both stifle laughter as a waitress leads them to a little table. A candle is lit up in the center.

"May I interest you two in some wine or spirits?" The waitress asks.

"Oh, no, we're only 17," Y/n responds with a smile. "But some f/d would be great." F/d=favorite drink

The watiress disappears to get the drinks. Y/n looks at Jasper's face. His features look almost ghostly, shadows moving and flickering with the candle's flame. "You look really scary," she laughs. "Like you just crawled out of a Tim Burton movie. Maybe your the pumpkin king!"

He says nothing, just stares deeply at her. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Taking in all of your beauty. Your perfect hair, sparkling eyes, flushed cheeks, full lips, jaw structure. Everything," he replies cooly.

Y/n beams at him and rests her palm on the table. He takes it, gently stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. The waitress remerges with their drinks. They glance over the menus and order their food. 

Soon, a fancy filet mignon and salmon is taken out. "My God," Y/n mutters. "I don't even know where to begin."

"How about with a toast?" Jasper says. "To us."

"Romance it is, then," Y/n says, lifting her glass of f/d above her. 

"To our everlasting romance," Jasper says.

"May it last as long as we do," Y/n finishes. Their glasses collide with a tinkling.