Short Mental Health Hiatus

Hey guys. This is going to be a bit of an essay so you don't need to read it. Just know that I'm going on a bit of a break from social media. I WILL BE BACK MONDAY. My mental health plummeted last night and I just need a few days to myself. I've never done this before, so it's pretty significant. There are two reasons why I'm not doing well:

1) I have developed unhealthy attachments to my stories. I often need to remind myself that I am not part of their world and they are, in fact, fictional characters. My sister went to a live Stranger Things drive-thru experience where she had a whole ass conversation with Will, Max flipped her off, a Russian guard flirted with her (out of character), and Robin stood beside her car and started having a conversation with them. Oh, but that's not all. Steve went up right next to her, looked her up and down, and went "Shh" with a wink. She, in return, winked back and kissed the glass. Steve then went, "You, call me." I got so jealous because of the attachment I feel to the "Fued" stories, which have become my most popular ones. . It's not realistic and I need to ground myself.

2) I am an extremely positive person on the outside. I have a lot of people at home that rely on me to lift their spirits or tell them that everything is okay. And I do that, as best as I can. But during quarantine, my anxiety has gotten worse and I developed depression. Nobody in my home life knows that except for my best friend. Everyone thinks I'm okay, so my responsibilities to other people keep piling up. I have become Associated Student Body President, and am enrolling in an early college. We're having my current school develop a house system, much like Hogwarts. I'm spending all my time and all my energy on something that I don't get to experience because everything I hold dear (except for my writing) has been taken away from me. I'm being forced to mature and become an adult and I won't have time for regular childish activities because I have to be an adult, and focused on academics. 

Bottom line is, I need a break. Again, I WILL BE BACK MONDAY and I will send out two updates for my Imagines book, but nothing else. I know I've said that writing is helping me, but I've hit a rock bottom where it isn't. I love you all. Very much.