Chapter 12

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is still October 18, 2020. Two updates in one day isn't new, but it is a blessing. My updating schedule is... well, nonexistant. I don't have one, but I do have a system. I don't update one story more than the other, chapters come out one after the other. If I update one, I update the other, and then if I have time I go back. It's a good circle and helps me stay on top of things. 

Y/n parks her car right outside the theater. "Ready?" She asks.

Jasper nods and smiles at her. "Thank you for letting me take you out, darling. I appreciate it."

"I'm glad you offered. One of us had to ask the other on a date eventually." With a smirk, she climbs out of the car and sets off toward the theater. Jasper sits in the car, stunned.

He clambers out finally, chasing after her into the large building. Y/n orders their tickets and heads to the snack bar. "Hi! I'd like a pack of f/c, f/c2 and a large s/f Slurpee, please. Oh, and some extra buttered popcorn! F/c= favorite candy. F/c2= 2nd favorite candy. S/f=slurpee flavor

She exchanges money for the food and turns to look at Jasper. He smiles softly at her. Y/n looks back at him with big innocent eyes and arms full of candy. "What?"

"I don't need to remind you that I only drink blood," he says.

"Yeah, I know. This is for me," Y/n says smugly. "And I won't hear anything about it, sir." She flashes the tickets at him. "If you want to go see the movie, you better follow me."

Jasper catches up with her and swoops the popcorn out of her hands. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Lightening your load."

She blushes and turns left, walking into a theater flashing with previews. They choose seats in the middle of the very back row. "Good thing we got here early; usually the only people in the back row are those that are planning on pouncing on each other," Y/n whispers.

Jasper's eyes grow wide. "That's not why we're sitting up here, are we?"

Y/n looks at him calmly. "Yes, Jasper, I brought you and all this food up here so that I can aggressively make out with you in a public movie theater while watching a period piece by Jane Austen," she says sarcastically.

He shrinks in is seat. "Sorry."

She laughs. "I'm joking, Jasper. I'm sorry if I offended you."

"I'm just not used to your sense of humor."

"Yeah, I have been told that my dirty and dark sense of humor isn't doing me any favors..."

"I don't mind it. It's refreshing. All the girl's that I've talked to, even during the Civil War, were fake. I admire your sense of truth to yourself."

"My overactive imagination has chased a lot of people away. When I was a kid, there was this one rumor that a kid spread that women with an active brain and intelligence is less likely to be fertile. It was ridiculous, of course, but it scared the living daylights out of me," Y/n laughs quietly. yes that was an anne with an e reference 

Jasper laughs into his hand. "That seems like something you'd believe."

"Hey!"

\--/

The movie was actually going really well. It was a good spin-off and Jasper and Y/n were enjoying themselves. She crams popcorn in her mouth and takes a sip of her Slurpee. Jasper looks at her, stifling laughter.

She looks at him with wide eyes. "Stop looking at me like that," she whispers.

"You are absolutely adorable, darling," he says back.

Y/n blushes and compulsively drinks more Slurpee. She rests her hand on the shared armrest with Jasper. His arm comes up and teeters on the edge beside her.

Their eyes are trained on the screen, but it's clear they're focusing on each other. Jasper's pinky finger delicately comes up and begins tracing on the side of her hand. Y/n turns her palm over and their fingertips mingle.

"Oh, for Christ's sake," Y/n mutters, pulling her hand away and grabbing Jasper's collar, pulling him towards her. She smiles softly at him before pressing her lips against his.

His eyes fly open in surprise, but when Y/n's hands cup his face, he loses himself in the sweetness of the kiss.

They pull away, breathing deeply. "That was nice," Y/n whispers, resting her head against his forehead.

He flashes her his signature half-smile. "That was very enjoyable. We should do it again."

They smile and kiss again, for a shorter amount of time, but there is lots of affection behind it. When they pull away, they sit back in their seats, smiling to themselves. 

Their hands find the other, and their fingers intwine happily. They watch the rest of the movie in happy silence.

\--/

They walk out of the theater, hand in hand, with Y/n holding an extra bag of popcorn. "That was likes something out of a movie," Y/n says. 

"It... it was a movie," Jasper says, confused.

"No, I mean the kiss. The middle school hand fumbling, the sudden kiss. Pretty sure that was in some coming-of-age movie," she laughs. "But it was perfect."

"Yes, darling. It was." They get to her car. 4:07pm, it reads. 

"I have to be home by 7:00. Do you want to go to La Push and come back for an early dinner?" Y/n asks.

Jasper smiles at her. "That sounds nice."

"La Push and dinner it is then," she says, shifting gears and pulling out of the parking lot.

YES ITS FINALLY HAPPENING DONT WORRY I HAVE SOME CONFLICT COMING UP