Six Years💙(4)

Josephine

I've been sat here holding this envelope in my hands for over half an hour I know it's from him I would recognise that writing anywhere and since I refused to see him in person I know this will be some sort of explanation but why is he doing this now and more importantly would he have done this if we never ran into each other? I know opening this letter will completely mess with my already confused head and that I should just rip it up but I know that I can't do that.

Jo,

I'm no good with words and saying sorry will never be enough but you need to know that every day for the past six years I have hated myself and regretted walking away from what we had. The four years I spent with you were the happiest I've ever had but I was too much of an immature coward to stay so I did the only thing I'm good at and walked away which was incredibly fucking selfish. I wish I had more of an excuse to give you but honestly I was just immature and scared I seen my future in front of me at 23 and I shit myself... Jo the feelings I had for you and the future I seen with you scared the living shit out of me so I started to spiral and stupidly pushed you away even though it was killing me doing that. I knew us having a conversation and saying goodbye would stop me walking away so I was a dick and avoided it. I am the worst person and I never deserved you Jo but you have to know you meant everything to me even though my actions didn't show that you did, you still do Jo not a fucking day has gone by over the past few years that I've not thought about you and wished I could take it all back. So many times I wanted to fly over and tell you I made a mistake and beg you to give me another chance but I couldn't do that to you knowing you deserved better. I know it's wrong for me to be doing this now and honestly if I hadn't ran into you I more than likely wouldn't have reached out but twice I bumped into you and both times I was thinking about you and I can't ignore that. I understand your happy now and even though I wish it was me next to you I'm glad you found happiness you deserve the world and more Jo. I need you to know that my feelings never changed and never will I was just an asshole and I'll live to regret it for the rest of my life, you're the only girl I will ever love Josephine, there is nobody else for me. I know this letter isn't fair to send but I'm leaving for LA I can't stand to be here and be reminded of the worst mistake I ever made and I needed to let you know that I still love you I always have and always will but you've found your person now and I need to accept that but just know you'll always have my heart I promise that and if you ever change your mind and decide to speak to me again I'll be waiting.

Always and forever, your H x

Six months later...

It's been six months since I read Hero's letter and so much has changed since I broke down after reading it. As soon as filming finished and I got home Liam proposed apparently that's the getaway he had planned for us so he could ask me to be his wife. I love Liam I'm just not in love with him and I couldn't keep lying to him or myself anymore it was hard to do but I had to break it off so now I'm focusing on myself and trying to deal with the emotions and feelings I buried all them years ago. I have a dinner with Anna tonight which I can't wait for we haven't seen each other much lately with my filming and her new book she's been writing even though we live in the same area. As soon as I meet Anna at Nobu and she has a weird look on her face she looks excited but nervous and I'm instantly on edge wondering what the hell is going on.

"Here," she says sliding me a glass of wine nodding to take a sip, "So I have some exciting news well I think it's exciting." She says taking a drink herself.

"Okay... what is it?" I ask.

"So you know I've been writing a new book right?"

"Yeah the one you refuse to let anyone know what it's about." I smirk.