Chapter 21

Alicia's POV

I woke up the next day feeling absolutely terrible. I had literally just outed my girlfriend. I didn't mean anything nefarious. I just wanted to let KJ know that he had no chances with her. Yes,I was jealous and didn't think about the consequences. I groaned as I rolled off my bed. What the hell was I thinking?! That was the only thought that consumed me as I took a shower. I have so many things that I need to apologize to Lala about. I sulked downstairs and demanded our chef make me something. Gemma was downstairs doing cartwheels when she noticed my state.

"What's wrong, Ali?"

"Nothing." I dryly answered.

"Are you sure? You don't seem fine. You can talk to me." She sweetly offered.

"I said it's nothing! Leave me alone." Gemma looked down before shuffling out the room. Ugh! I'm going to contribute my bitchy behavior to just waking up. It didn't take long until I heard feet storming across the floor. "Here we go." I sighed out.

"Why were you a bitch to Gemzi? She was only trying to help you." Zara angrily asked.

"She was bothering me." I answered completely disinterested.

"And I'll bother you on her behalf. Now, spill." Zara demanded. I groaned before speaking.

"Gem, you can stop hiding behind the wall now." I called out. Gemma entered into the kitchen and sat on the island. "Sorry. I'm just off because I had an argument."

"You're not the type to be affected by arguing with anyone. Was it Yaz?" Zara inquired.

"No, it must be Tridi." We looked at Gemma confused, so she explained. "You and Yaz always fight, but you rarely fight with Astrid and when you do... well, you get sad. So it must be her, right?" Gemma and Zara looked at me expectantly so I just nodded since I wasn't about to explain that I was actually sad about Nicola. "What happened?"

"I said something and I can't just take it back without hurting her." I crossed my arms.

"Did you mean what you said?" Gem asked and I nodded. "So why would you want to take it back?" She confusingly asked.

"Because the truth makes things really awkward now. I shouldn't have told her."

"Well, that's on you. Come on, Gemzi." Zara got up.

"Z and I are going to Canada next weekend for..." Gemma looked around before leaning in and whispering, "Ryder's snowboarding tournament. You should come. And bring Astrid with you so that you guys can mend your relationship." Zara tried to but in, but Gemma kept pressuring me to come until I reluctantly agreed. "Yay!" She hugged me tight before jumping off the stool and yanking Zara away.

X

I was walking with some of my friends to class when I spotted Lala with Hailey and Taylor. William was talking to me and I didn't want to be rude so I just spared her a glance while nodding occasionally to whatever was coming out of his mouth. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nic make eye contact with me, but I dared not keep staring at her so as not to create any suspicions. I turned back to Will and lightly tapped his chest making it seem that I thought his joke was funny. The whole day I was dreading math class because that's when I would see Nic. Unfortunately by the time I got there, she was already engaged in a conversation with Michael and KJ. I decided to wait until after class to speak to her, but she took off with the two boys to lunch. The most logical thing to do would be wait after lunch and catch her by herself in the hallway, but I'm more emotional than logical. I know I'm not supposed to make a scene but what better way to get Nic to talk to me than in front of a crowd as well as the fact Tamsin would also be pissed. I noticed her friends tense as I walked up behind her. She turned around and stared at me in annoyance.

"I'd like to speak with you." I couldn't actually beg her to talk to me since there was an audience.

"How about no?" She retorted.

"How about you don't pull the same stunt again. Things lose their flare when repeated. I'd just really like to speak with you." I couldn't afford for her to reject me again. She must've realized that as well since she stood up and exited the room with me. I glanced back to see Astrid and Yaz subtly giving me thumbs ups, Zara and Tamsin giving me daggers, and Gemma just looked confused. I shrugged and walked behind Nic. She led me into an empty classroom where I closed the door. Nic sat on top of a desk and crossed her arms while glaring at me.

"Speak." She commanded. Damn. Her authoritative side is hot. I quickly shook my head to regain my composure.

"I'd like to apologize for my actions last week. It's been brought to my attention that I may have acted rather immaturely and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ignored you and then left you. I also should've reached out to you over the weekend, but I didn't know the correct protocol because I thought you may have wanted space." I stared at her.

"Ali, I don't- maybe we should-"

"Please let me make it up to you. My sisters and I are going to Canada for the weekend. I'd like to wine and dine you there."

"That's the thing. You can't just think that you can fix everything by throwing money at it. It's not just gonna be fine because you jetsetted me away to Canada. You actually need to put in some effort." She gave me a tight lipped smile before leaving me alone.

X

"And then she just left." I relayed the story to Yaz and Tridi. Astrid was lying on her stomach as she gazed up at me in awe while Yaz was helping me pack for Canada.

"Welp. I had her pegged wrong." Yaz announced as she folded one of my shirts. Astrid and I looked at her perplexed. "I thought she was a gold digger. Duh! I mean I still am not the biggest fan of the economic divide, but I support you in everything." I rolled my eyes as she grinned. I threw up a wad of $100 bills as I thought about Nic saying that I use money to solve my problems.

"Sounds like that was an exciting week. Did you guys talk again?" Astrid asked.

"Nope. She did text me that she'd come with me to Canada, so that's progress."

"And how are you going to explain to Z that you're bringing Nic and not Tridi?" Yaz asked. Astrid laughed at my situation.

"Take different jets of course. I told them that I'd take a later flight. They tried to accommodate me and go later, but I urged them that I wanted one on one time with Astrid. Plus, I can bet that we aren't going to run into each other in Canada. Ya we are staying at the same hotel, but in different rooms and they're not gonna bother me. Remember, Gemzi has Chico and Z will be all over Ryder." I grinned as I zipped up the suitcase. "She wants me to put in effort, but that is foreign to me. I have no idea what to do?" I grumpily plopped onto my floor.

"Well, you need to take her on a nice date." Yaz pointed out.

"A super romantic one. Ooooooooh! I love dates and romance. Let's plan one out." I rolled my eyes at Astrid, but lied next to her one the bed as she gave me various date ideas.