Chapter 24

Alicia's POV

I waved at the retreating car. I was definitely gonna miss Lala, but I'm happy that she'll get to spend time with her family. Students were eyeing me curiously as to why I was outside this dorm. I've never stepped foot in a dorm here until a minute ago. My friends either lived in Greek housing or off campus like me. I ignored their stares and walked to my Audi. Here's to a lousy week with my family. Yaz and Astrid typically go back to their countries so that they can spend time with their family. My other friends either go home or travel abroad for the week. I'd like to be like them and travel, but it's the McAllister tradition to throw the Thanksgiving dinner. It's quite ironic since I'm not thankful to have the McAllister name. It's more of an imprisonment than a blessing. I'm destined to do whatever my parents deem fit and, unfortunately for me, my aspirations and dreams aren't approved by my family. They'd nearly pass out if they found out I'm dating a girl, especially one that's not from my economic bracket. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize I got home. I parked in the garage and headed inside.

"OH! You are SO gonna get it! Just wait until dad gets home!" I heard Tamsin screaming. Here we go again. I just rolled my eyes as I entered the kitchen. "Nothing?! Nothing?! You embarrassed us!" Tamsin screamed at an unbothered Zara. I assume she's referring to Zara kissing Ryder.

"I don't care." Zara blandly stated. Gemma appeared tense as she glanced between the two girls. "What's he gonna do? Disown me?"

"It'd suit you better." Tamsin huffed and left the kitchen. She slammed the front door loudly.

"Well, then. That's some excitement." I grabbed a water.

"She needs to get her nose out my ass and into Laurens' instead." I chuckled at Zara's jab. "What happened is that dad called and said that he is coming back on thanksgiving and had seen my 'lip locking' and will have a stern convo with me. Yay." Zara faked enthusiasm. "Oh and he also wants to discuss a suitor with you." She shrugged.

"Just with me?" Zara nodded at my question. "What about you?" She shrugged. "Ugh!" Gemma laughed at me.

X

I was a sweaty mess. I placed my racket on the ground and entered my house so that I could shower. The decorators and caterers were dashing around my house. Everything has to be perfect for the party later or my mother would throw a fit. Whatever. I jumped in the shower and put on some joggers and a cropped hoodie. I'll get ready later because I knew if Tamsin saw me then she'd have a cow as to why I'm not dressed yet.

"Why aren't you ready?!" Right on time. "The party is in an hour and you're not even dressed?! Are you crazy?!" I honestly live for vexing Tamsin.

"Summon Zara for me." We heard our dad's voice in the other room. We peeked around the corner to see the maid nod and then leave. "Girls!" My dad saw us.

"Daddy!" Tamsin's voice went up an octave. She skipped over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. I crossed my arms and approached them. "How was your trip?" Tamsin clutched onto his arm.

"It was great until I got a text from you." Oh, so she's the one who sent the picture of Zara and Ryder to him. Unbelievable, but not that surpassing at the same time.

"Dad." Zara walked into the kitchen with her bored expression. My father and I could see right through her pretense. She was scared, but trying to mask it with a look of indifference.

"Daddy!" Gemzi ran and engulfed him in a tight hug. He smiled before placing her back down on the ground.

"My office." He directed at Zara, but we all followed anyways. Gemma was there to support Zara, Tamsin wanted to be there to make sure Zara was punished accordingly, and I was just nosy. My father sat at his desk while my sisters at on the couch. Zara was in the middle with Tamsin and Gemma on either side of her. Gemma was clutching Zara's hand while Tamsin was staring daggers at Zara. I just leant against the bookshelf as I watched the shitshow unfold. "What is this?" He opened up his phone to show the picture of Ryder and Zara.