𝟎𝟔. 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

(06 : BLIND IS HIS LOVE

(06 : BLIND IS HIS LOVE . . .
AND BEST BEFITS THE DARK)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

     HALF-HEARTEDLY, JULIET TUCKED A piece of parchment under the statue of the one-eyed witch. Most girls would find handwritten love notes romantic and Juliet used to dream of such a love — until she turned eleven and realised that the only love she would ever know would be contractual. That was exactly why she knew the note she received in potions was ingenuine. Still, she ticked the box that said 'yes' in a messy scrawl, yet was prepared to unleash hell on Regulus Black for being so excessive. He should've just asked her in their common room, for Merlin's sake.

Only an hour ago was Slughorn wrapping up their lesson when the bell rang and Juliet was pelted by a love note. She had rolled her eyes at the cheesy poem and muttered incendio before even reaching the third line, but agreed to the date all the same. The next Hogsmeade trip was that same weekend and she might as well get to know the man she had to marry. Although he wasn't in Potions — being a year below the girl — Severus Snape regarded her with such scrutiny that Juliet knew he was playing messenger for the youngest Black. Why else would he care so much about her response to a love note?

Despite having History of Magic to attend, Juliet decided to skip it in favour of brooding. Not that she was often a brooder, but the bitter taste in her mouth lingered at having to marry someone to help a cause she wasn't sure she believed in. However, such plans were ruined by Potter cornering her.

"Juliet!" James detached from his friends when he saw the redhead, scrambling to keep in step with her. "I've been meaning to talk to you about . . . you know."

The girl blinked. "I don't know," she said slowly. "Have you got a concussion, Potter? You do remember that we aren't friends, right?"

With a snort, he ran a hand through his hair, treading carefully around the temperamental Slytherin. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I know it's a little weird considering we're not quite frien—"

She narrowed her eyes at him.

He corrected, "Acquaintances then."

She narrowed her eyes once again.

"See, when you look at me like that, I remember why we aren't friends," he muttered. "My point is, I didn't hate talking to you the other night. You also — maybe — made me realise that I haven't always been fair to Slytherins. Sure, 99% of your lot are greasy-haired gits —"

     Annoyed by his stalling, she snapped, "I'd suggest you shut up before I hex your balls blue because I don't have a bloody clue what you're on about, nor do I care for one of your bleeding heart, Gryffindor speeches today."