𝟎𝟎. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐒

(00 : TWO HOUSEHOLDS

(00 : TWO HOUSEHOLDS . . .
BOTH ALIKE IN DIGNITY)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

     KING'S CROSS STATION WAS BUSTLING with families — some were emotional, wrapping their little ones in hugs and peppering them with kisses, others were stern, lecturing their child about what they should or shouldn't do. From afar, an eleven year old redhead watched as an older couple ruffled their son's curls and enthusiastically wished him luck. Juliet cringed at the sign of affection, lugging her bags behind her as she boarded the Hogwarts Express without needing to say goodbye to anyone.

     She came alone.

     Arin and Eliana Fawley had faith they didn't need to hold their daughter's hand through life — Arin was an important ministry worker and had better things to do with his time, whilst Eliana abhorred the idea of being in such proximity with filthy muggles. Juliet understood why they couldn't come with her, but that didn't quell the fluttering in her stomach as she found an empty compartment.

     "Do you need any help with that?"

     Upon hearing an unfamiliar voice, Juliet jumped and spun round. If it hadn't been for a pair of lanky arms shooting out and pushing her luggage back, she would've been crushed by her suitcase. Although she was relieved, she froze, narrowing her eyes at the boy in front of her — he looked to be around her age with thick-framed glasses and messy hair. The only issue was, she couldn't place his face and Juliet was familiar with all the pureblooded children after attending balls and dinner parties galore.

     "I'm good, thank you," she said, remembering to keep her manners until she knew his blood status. "I didn't quite catch your name . . ."

     "Oh, James!" He stuck his hand out. "James Potter."

     Juliet stared at his hand, wondering what her mother would say if she took it. The Potters were pureblood, but not part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. "Juliet," she covered her hand with her sleeve to be safe. "Does that mean you're a muggle sympathiser like your parents?"

     Unsure what to make of her bluntness, he shrugged. "Well I'd say there are much worse things you could be in the world."

     "Like what?"

     Although James opened his mouth, it was the ever irritating voice of Sirius Black that answered as he waltzed into the compartment. "I don't know, maybe a pureblood supremacist that doesn't know how to form their own opinions," he replied mockingly before turning to James. "Mind if I sit here?"

     James nodded whilst Juliet was aghast at Sirius, knowing he thrived off getting under her skin after she embarrassed him greatly at some engagement party or another. "Well, I mind. I was here first," she huffed, "and I don't see how you're better off than I, Sirius. Toujours pur, right?"