𝟏𝟑. 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

(13 : TALK OF DREAMS WHICH ARE

(13 : TALK OF DREAMS WHICH ARE . . .
THE CHILDREN OF AN IDLE BRAIN)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

AT SEVEN A.M, JULIET CREPT into the bedroom that James and Sirius shared. Of course Potter Manor was spacious enough that they didn't need to share, but Juliet suspected they chose to as the two of them were more brothers than best friends. However, it made it all the more of a challenge for the girl to sneak in, coax Sirius out of bed and escape undetected by James. Perhaps what was most surprising was the lack of shame Juliet felt when waking Sirius up. After all, they had been friends before — before Hogwarts houses divided them, locking them into one of four boxes and throwing away the key. Plus, she suspected they were in the early stages of becoming friends again, so he simply would have to get used to her morning habits.

Friends. Even the word sounded strange to her. Juliet didn't have many friends. It was an active choice born out of her general distrust of others, but she was beginning to wonder if pushing people away for six years had been a mistake. When she graduated, what memories would she have to show for her time as a student?

    "I am going to murder you," moaned Sirius as the redhead dragged him out of bed. It was lucky that James hadn't woken up with how loud his complaints were. "Violently."

    "Shhh," chastised Juliet. "And you won't. You'd end up in Azkaban and, to be frank, you wouldn't be able to pull off the uniform. Stripes are not your friend."

    Sirius grumbled pointedly, "Neither is anyone who wakes me up at such an ungodly hour on Christmas."

    "You're the one who told me James bought me something," she reminded him. "It would be rude to not give him something in return. Since it's too late to go shopping, I was up all night thinking of what I could give him and I'm not good with gifts, but I thought I'd give him —"

    "A full eight hours sleep?" interrupted Sirius. "Great, that's what I want too."

    Catching Sirius by the back of his shirt after he spun round, Juliet pulled the teenager back. "Cookies, actually."

     "Are you going to poison them?"

     "What? Why would I do that?"

     "Because you're never this nice to people."

     She busied herself looking through the kitchen cupboards. "Well, he was nice to me first," she explained. "Contrary to popular belief, I'm not some kind of 'Ice Princess.' People like to make up rumours and if people choose to believe said rumours, I have no intentions to prove them wrong because they've probably already made up their mind about me."