The Gray Team

Chapter 9: The Gray Team

Remnant, Kingdom of Vale, Beacon Academy

POV: Teams RWBY and JNPR, Sun and Neptune

Premise: Teams RWBY and JNPR begin to question the appearance of the Reds and Blues, while trying to get Blake to go to the upcoming dance on friday. Red Team come into conflict with a bandit tribe...

Ruby sat on Weiss' bed, with the Ice Queen sitting right next to her. The young huntress was staring at her old pendant that she gave to her 'boyfriend': Michael J. Caboose.

She wasn't alone with Weiss. The rest of her team, along with Team JNPR, Sun, and Neptune were in the room as well, staring at her. The atmosphere in the room was rather tense, as if there was an actual 'elephant' in the room.

"So..." Ruby muttered as she looked up from her pendant, "What should we do?"

"What should we do?" Nora repeated, "What should we do? We must celebrate!"

The young bubbly girl proceeded to bounce off the walls of the dorm room, even bouncing off Weiss' head in the process.

Nora then stood on top of Yang's bed, "The mighty, charismatic, and idiotic Reds and Blues! Loved by us, and hated by Weiss, are on Remnant! Stopping White Fang in their tracks, bringing fear to the criminal underworld! Imposing justice to all! Our friends and Weiss's forced acquaintances! They. Are. On. REMNANT!"

"Nora!" Ren shouted at her

"Heh, sorry Ren." Nora muttered, as she smiled innocently at her long-time friend

"Ok." Sun spoke up, catching everyone's attention, "That's right, still here. So tell me what exactly are these uh...Reds and Blues?"

"Do you remember that dust incident we got ourselves into?" Yang asked him, "Along with us and Team JNPR going missing a week before the start of the second semester?"

"Uh yeah?" Neptune replied

"Well...we kinda got stuck in another universe. Met the Reds and Blues. Stopped an evil AI, and a crazed maniac who wanted more AI. You know, fun stuff!" Yang explained

Sun looked at Blake for answers, "Blake, can I get your version of the story?"

Blake sighed, knowing Sun won't believe them. Granted, who would.

"It's true." Blake said to him, "In fact, they are the reason why Ruby changed her appearance."

"Really?" Neptune muttered as he looked the reaper

"Yep." Ruby replied, "I have a...special relationship with one of them."

"Relationship?" Yang snickered, "More like boyfriend!"

Yang proceeded to bake kissing noises at her little sister. Which earned her a punch in the arm from Ruby.

"So yeah..." Ruby muttered

"Alright then." Neptune said in response

"So how long has it been since you saw these guys?" Sun asked

"Uh, about a year." Jaune replied

"And why didn't you go back to see them?" Sun added

Both teams were silent.

"Me." Weiss replied

"Weiss." Ruby groaned

"No Ruby it is my fault." Weiss insisted, "I accidentally broke our teleporter. The only thing I didn't do was lose access to the experimental dust."