The Torchwick Crisis: Part 1

Chapter 11: The Torchwick Crisis: Part 1

Remnant, Kingdom of Vale, Beacon Academy

POV: Professor Ozpin

Premise: Ozpin and his allies run into a pressing issue, while both the Blood Gulch Crew and Team RWBY converge on the location of Roman Torchwick...

Ozpin sat at his desk with his hands on his forehead. Both Ironwood and Glynda standing on either side of him arguing much to his dismay.

"They were here.." Ironwood argued, Ozpin they were here!" he proceeded to slam his fist on the desk.

"Yes, we are all aware of that, thank you." Glynda sarcastically replied

"Fantastic!" Ironwood retorted, "You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore the two things that are right in front of us!?"

The bell to the elevator then hummed, catching Ozpin's attention.

"Come in." he said

The elevator door opened and out stepped Ruby, who was back in her blue outfit. Hair and everything.

"Sorry it took so long." Ruby said as she walked into the office, "Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here...it wasn't me."

"Thank you for coming, Ruby." Ozpin said to her, "How are you feeling?"

Ruby just shrugged, "Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

The three adults just stared at her.

"...Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it."

Ironwood then walked up to Ruby, "Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Thank you, sir." Ruby replied

Ozpin then spoke up, "Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add."

"Was anyone else with her?" Glynda asked about the figure Ruby fought last night, "Did she look familiar to you at all?"

Ruby couldn't help but shrug, "I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked. As for anyone with her, I didn't see anyone else. But the room looked like a fight did happen before I got there. On top of that, she was on her knees before she noticed me."

"Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby." Glynda muttered

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique." Ironwood countered her claim, "It could have been anyone."

"Wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby asked them, "Or perhaps those bandits that have been White Fang cells throughout the kingdom?"

Ozpin scratched his chin, "It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the former together. As for the latter, we definitely know that these bandits aren't in league with her."

Ruby raised an eyebrow, "How do you know?"

"Because they were here." Ironwood responded, "Security footage from the CCT showed the figure fighting with them. It looked like they tried to take her aura."