Chapter Thirty-Three

"Everyone in position. Earthbenders, into your tank's commands Hakoda "This is going to be a rough ride."

Lian stood nervously besides Sokka as Toph and the other earthbenders stood in their positions, ready for the battle begin. As they neared the capital, harpoons suddenly shoot out from various battlements into the water, aiming at the submarines. As one pierces through the submarine, filling the submarine with water, Due quickly freezes the flow of water. Katara, on Appa emerges from the water to hit the battlements stopping the onslaught of harpoons and allowing the submarines to land on shore.

The base opens up and Lian watches with Sokka and Hakoda as a team of caterpillar tanks move out, advancing towards the capital.

"You've outdone yourself Sokka!" congratulates Lian as they follow the caterpillar tanks onto the battlefield.

The invasion force begins to make its way to the capital city, projectiles were being thrown at them but were easily avoided by Earth Kingdom soldiers moving who were pushing the tanks with bending.

Sokka leading a team of Water Tribe warriors, all carrying traditional southern water tribe weapons and shields help take out soldiers along their way. Battlement's sitting ontop of cliff tops continued to launch projectiles at the group but were met with large rocks thrown by Toph, The Boulder and The Hippo.

Katara, flying on Appa continue to attack from the skies. Aang had already left, using a map drawn by Lian which would take him right to the Fire Nation Palace throne room in time for the start of the solstice.

The invasion force continues to move forward easily, destroying everything in its path thanks to the team of earthbenders and swampbenders.

"We're a man down. Where in tarnation is Hue?" shouts Tho, throwing a soldier of Komodo rhino with water.

The group didn't have to wait long as a shadow emerges from underwater which turns out to be the monster Lian had seen when in the swamp with Aang, Katara and Sokka. Lian watches as the monster begins the wreak havoc and she fondly remembers her first encounter with the monster. It feels like so long ago.

Lian along with Sokka and a group of Water Tribe warriors begin the fight the Fire Nation Soldiers on Komodo rhinos. Even without her bending, Lian was still capable of defending herself. It helped that she had seen and trained with Komodo rhinos her whole life and knew what made them scared.

A komodo rhinos charges towards the group but Lian manages to knock the rider of its saddle and take its place.

Lian looked around the battlefield and saw the invasion force holding their own well against the Fire Nation soldiers. The route to the Palace wasn't too far ahead, just over the crater.

"Sokka!" shouted Lian as the Water Tribe boy knocked a soldier unconscious before looking towards her on the rhino. "I have somewhere I need to be, I'll be back soon!"

Sokka nods as Lian urges the Komodo rhino away from the battlefield and down a path not taken by many.

********************************************

Lian wasn't surprised by the lack of soldiers as she headed further down the old path. Most would be either protecting the Royal Palace or fighting the invasion force making her journey a lot easier.

Lian willed her Komodo rhino to go faster as she led it further away from the fight towards the Fire Nation Capital Prison. The last time she had seen this place she was being dragged away towards her death. It wasn't a day she liked to remember. She still saw the ominous building in her nightmares.