Chapter 22

"You mean to tell me you know the fucking gender" Hallie screamed after flying to her feet at the news that I finally knew the sex of my little one.

"yes Hallie, and I'm not telling you until I come up with an excellent plan to do so" I responded with a smug look evident on my cheeks at the secret I was excited to keep.

"oh no, no, no miss Josephine" Katherine began moving to stand beside Hallie, "there's no fucking way I'm waiting until the birth if that's what your thinking"

"Yeah, Kath's right, as the godmother here I refuse to let my goddaughters gender be a mystery, am I right?" she spoke raising her eyebrows in a manner suggesting her desperation to know such a priced piece of information before being interrupted by my sister only seconds later.

"Woah, Woah, Woah Hallie, what do you mean you're the godmother? Have you forgotten that I am the obvious choice here? I'm not only Jo's sister, but I'm way more responsible and don't eat fast food and Oreos for din-"

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence. You already get blood relation Katherine Langford, there is no fucking way I am allowing Jo's baby girl" she paused smiling straight at me suggestively, "to not have me as her godmother. Also, I, of course, would not feed the baby Oreos' Kath, that's why they have the mini ones"

"You mean godson right? And I swear if you choke my nephew I will strangle you so that you never touch a fucking oreo again" Kath screamed as their constant bickering continued.

"Goddaughter"

"Godson"

"Goddaughter"

"Godson"

"Alright, alright enough you two. I know the gender and I'm not telling either of you. Neither of you will be anywhere near the baby if you carry on with this behaviour so please, just shut up and let's all calm down" I spoke into what seemed like a tension filmed atmosphere only to met with a surprising reaction.

"You're going to be such a good mother Jo" Kath spoke after several moments of silence consisting of the two of them just staring back and forth with small smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, yeah enough with all the soppy shit, what the fuck happened with the baby daddy?" Hallie broke the peaceful atmosphere encasing the room leaning her head on her palm after finally sitting down.

"Nothing really, we talked, sort of, and obviously found out what the baby is which was- ill just say surprising," I said referring to the kiss Hero was so close fo positioning in my lips before reality struck and he launched his body metres away.

"You can't stop there Jo, I need to know everything" Hal voiced as I waltzed into my bedroom ready to spend my night in dreamland. Saying a quick "goodbye" to the two people still frowning on the couch, I quickly changed back into the pyjamas I once had already worn tonight and lay back against the sheets.

Going to bed seemed a lot simpler idea that my mind could muster. Finding out I was having a son, an actual baby boy, left a permanent smile on my face which I knew wouldn't be leaving me any time soon. I thought about the future. The first time I would hold him in my arms, what little outfit I would dress him up in after leaving the hospital, the sports I knew Hero would be desperate to teach him as he grows, all of it took full control of my thoughts as I stared up at the ceiling.

I'd be lying if I didn't say the memory of Hero almost touching my lips didn't arise. The smile on his face after we found out was just as vivid in my imagination with his face moving closer to mine sending me into overdrive. As if sensing the torment my mind was gifting me, a strong kick hit the right side of my stomach forcing my whole body to relax.

Caressing the place I felt him overly active for such a time at night, I closed my eyes and allowed the idea of sleep take me whole.

The next two weeks passed by like a flash with my baby's father only seeing me during appointments with my normal doctor pleasing Hero and texting me from the number I'd unblocked asking if everything was okay. It seemed everything that happened that night meant absolutely nothing to him. We hadn't talked about the true problem at hand and my bump signalling I was almost 22 weeks along wasn't waiting for us to sort our shit.

Leaving my mind to rest, I lay down on the kitchen floor like a scavenger frantically searching for the flaming hot Doritos I so desperately craved. After all most strangeling Hallie over the fact she'd entered the remains into her mouth, I simply lay back against the cold tiled floor crying like a newborn baby.

Finally standing up with tears running down my cheeks, I slowly waltzed into the living room with my eyes on the ground not paying attention to the two intruders I barely noticed had arrived. With my hands laying flat over the bulge which my roommates still didn't know to be my son, I quickly voiced my desperation, "I can't deal with this"

It was only then that my eyes travelled up only to be stared back as if I had a second head. Anna and Hero sat against the couch looking as though I'd just murdered a man at the sight of my broken state. Thinking something was drastically wrong, Hero snapped out of his trance moving to his feet before meeting the place just next to me.

"Are you alright? Is the baby okay?" He spoke with his hand roaming over my stomach in the way I most desired.

Looking up into his eyes, I noticed the glint of lust shining through prompting me to respond, "Yeah, its just Hallie stole my Doritos and all I want is to eat them but I searched all over the kitchen an-"

"Hey, hey, hey bab- Jo, it's okay" he started rubbing my shoulders, "I'll go get you all the Doritos in the world, just calm down love" he announced making my heart race to a speed I knew wasn't healthy.

After writing down a list of everything I currently had a craving for, he kissed the side of my head letting me know he'd be as quick as physically possible leaving me in a state of shock for the second time around. Placing his mask over his mouth, he swiftly said a quick goodbye to the other people in the room before exiting shooting one final smile my way.

Leaning back against the couch, the three others watched on as my mind raced a million miles a minute trying to understand how he switched from ignoring me all day to kissing the side of my face. With the exact idea in mind, I voiced my current feelings to the group,

"What the fuck just happened"