Chapter 33

"Can I take this off now?" I asked referring to the blindfold placed over my eyes. After almost an hour into the journey, the man sat next to me decided to keep the surprises coming pulling out the material which he instructed me to place over my lids.

"Not just yet baby, I promise you soon" I heard his voice, the very sound of it telling me he had a grin plastered on his cheeks practically ready to laugh.

"You said that 20 minutes ago" I replied agitated, wanting nothing but the comfort of my own sheets wrapped around me and the notebook playing on the TV as I sobbed into Hero's shirt.

"Babe, we literally left the gas station 3 minutes ago" he replied snickering, the words reminding me of my desperation to pee only a short while ago as little Mr decided to have a dance party against my bladder.

"You really are testing my patience today" I spoke out, my focus moving towards the music playing on the radio as I tried to distract myself from my curious nature.

"It'll be worth it" he said reaching out for my hand which he easily found considering his ability to see, "I promise you"

After dosing off twice, singing the entire Folklore album, stopping at two McDonalds drive-thrus, and listening to Hero taunt me with a game of eye spy, the car finally began to slow as I felt us draw to a stop. Leaning up from my slouched position suddenly feeling more alive than ever, I quickly spoke up.

"I can take this off now righ-"

"Wait" he silenced me stopping my fingers from moving the covering of my face to allow me an understanding of our whereabouts, "let me get you out of the car and then I promise you can take it off"

Stating a quick "fine" before waiting the longest few seconds of my life, I quickly took to my feet stretching out as pain shot down my back as a result of sitting in the same position for far, far, far too long. After finally regaining my posture folding my arms to rest on my bump, I quickly took notice of the ground, the moving pebbles only increasing my desperation to find out where I was located.

"Either you say I can take this off or I do" I spoke now desperate to uncover his secret, but before I had the chance to move, I felt his hands untying the silk as my eyes came face to face with brightness.

After several seconds of allowing my vision to adjust, I quickly took note to the most beautiful house centered between acres of land swarmed with trees as I looked back to see the most perfect lengthy driveway. Walking forward, I took note of every single detail. The triple-layered fountain positioned out-front with swarms of brightly colored fish, the double entryway looking modern yet traditional in the most magical way, even the roses lining the yard glowing against the early autumn air. This wasn't just any house, this was the house. My dream house.

"I-I don't understand," I said my gaze still focusing on every small detail which I'd spoken to Hero about in the past. From the very shape of the driveway to the color of the brick, every last attribute was perfect.

"I planned to surprise you with it this Christmas. I didn't know you were pregnant then but fuck did I know I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you Jo" he spoke, my eyes finally moving towards his own, "After we broke up, I didn't know what the fuck to do. I was tempted to just call the whole thing off, but something told me not to, and am I fucking glad I didn't. I worked with a designer to try and get things perfect, its nowhere close to finished but yo-"

Not even taking a second to think, I quickly launched into his arms causing us both to fall to the ground. With the widest grin on my cheeks, I ignored our current predicament with the two of us laying against the floor and forced my lips onto his own wrapping my arms around his neck.