Chapter 31

"Shit" I heard stepping out of the bathroom, the sight of Hero still sat on our bed taking me by surprise.

"Shit?" I questioned jokingly, his gaze instantly flicking towards my own as I noticed both the serious expression glued to his cheeks and the phone positioned next to his ear. The two together making my grin turn into a frown as my mind went wild with curiosity.

"Yeah, I understand Jamie" he replied to the person on the other side of the phone who I'd now learned to be his manager, my eyebrows rising in his direction as he lifted his finger to signal he'd only be a minute.

"We will deal with this Hero, I promise. But in the meantime, don't you even think about ignoring another one of my calls" I heard as I leaned forward resting my head on his shoulder, his body shaking signaling his silent chuckling.

"I promise I-"

"And tell that beautiful girlfriend of yours congratulations, I can't wait to meet the little one" she spoke cutting Hero of, my head raising as I spoke a quick "thank you" before the phone call came to an end.

"I love Jamie" I smiled honestly, she'd been so supportive of our relationship when compared to my initial manager who stated two co-stars getting together was "nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen". Wow if only she could see me now. Scratch that, I never want to see that bitch again.

"Yeah me too" he smiled, his attitude soon changing as a worried look took over his gorgeous face, his hand reaching to push through his gelled back hair being a telling sign.

"What's wrong baby, what was all that about?" I asked concerned, stroking the stubble along his chin as he leaned his head back, clearly getting prepared to say his next set of words as I continued to speak, "you know you can tell me anything"

"And I love you for that love" he smiled meeting my eyes, placing a brief kiss on my lips before continuing on with his words, "but I really don't want to bring up shit from the past. We are so perfect right now. You, me and our son are so fucking perfect" he spoke with his hand positioned over my fully rounded bump, "We just don't need this shit right now".

"Babe" I moved his chin to the side in order to have my gaze meet his own, "there is nothing that could possibly break us apart right now"

"Nothing?" He spoke sarcastically gaining the grin I loved so much back, the slit in his brow clearly showing as his eyebrows perked.

"Don't push it Mr" I spoke pushing his arm as he chuckled wrapping me closer, "but seriously, what's going on with you?"

"I don't want you to stress or anything Jo or to worry because I promise the whole team is getting this sorted an-"

"Hero breathe," I said, his rushed words not even coming out audible at the rate he was talking, "it's just me, you don't need to be so nervous"

"It's about the message that came through on my phone" he started, my eyes instantly moving down to the floor as the bad memories of the past few months flooded back in an instant, "I sent Jamie a single text a few weeks ago asking her to help me find out who sent it. It just made me so pissed Jo, so fucking pissed that some- some fucking bastard had me missing out on so much with the two of you"

"Did Jamie find them?" I asked with my gaze still stuck to the ground, a part of me wanting to hear who it was who forced the two of us apart for months whilst a whole other side was nothing but scared to find out the truth.

"Yeah" he answered simply, the look I give him instantly signaling I wanted him to continue, "some girl from my past was just trying to start shit Jo but I promise, I've had nothing to do with her fo-"

"Chanal" I more so said to myself rather than the man positioned next to me, "the girl in that video with you at the party, the one I hear over the phone, it was her wasn't it"

"I swear I didn't kno-" he started, looking frightened at my tone which had somehow turned angry.

"That's just it isn't it Hero" I said standing up, my hand looped under the base of my bump, "you always seem to do shit that turns out horribly. Did you sleep with her?"

"Jo what the fuck" he stood towering over me, his eyes looking angry yet soft at the same time.

"I swear if you fucking slept with her after we broke up I-"

"Jo," he said, his voice interrupting me, "first of, we never officially broke up, before you start yeah we were apart for months, but there wasn't a fucking second of that where I wasn't missing you." He started, his words making my expression switch completely as I felt guilt, "And second, I would never even think to cheat on you. I wouldn't have cared if you'd have broken up with me for a year, you are it for me Josephine Langford. Don't you get that? You are the only woman I have ever and will ever love"

"I'm such a bitch, I'm so sorry Hero" I spoke after several minutes of silence after his speech, tears flowing down my cheeks as I realized how cruel is been to the man I loved with my whole heart.

"No baby, you're just pregnant and hormonal as hell" he replied laughing, his dimples clearly showing as he gave me the grin that I wanted framed in my mind for eternity.

"Do you still love me?" I asked, genuinely concerned my words could have caused his feelings to change completely.

"Always and forever" he said, his lips instantly colliding with mine as the earlier troubles escaped the two of our minds. I knew Hero and Jamie were dealing with it, and I knew I trusted him more than I trusted myself, that was more than enough for me.

"Now if you don't mind, I'd love to do some online shopping for our little boy" he said as his hand rested over my bump, his forehead leaning against mine as we stood for a moment in a state of absolute bliss.

"Sounds perfect" I replied, leaning up to place a final kiss on his cheek before pulling his wrist with me towards the living room.