Part Two

"I know."

Avi hugged me close, crying into the shoulder of my Asthétique t-shirt. His low pitched sobs sent hertz through my thin body, but I refused to complain until he felt better. That's how this always went. I pulled my fingers through Avi's loose curls and felt him snuggle a little closer to me. He took a deep breath and sat up, wiping his face on the backs of his arms and clearing his throat. 

"I need to punch through a wall or something..."

"Your manly outbursts can wait. Mommy does not need a hole in her wall."

He laughed then, splitting the tension like the Moses he looked like. He grabbed another beer off the table and popped it open, drinking almost half of it down to make up for the water he'd lost in crying. I crossed my legs and leaned back, taking a sip of my chardonnay and letting the loud screaming from the TV swallow all other sound in the room.

As per usual, I got bored. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through Tumblr, thankful that I had an app that kept me from accessing Twitter if I couldn't unlock my phone in a straight line. I scrolled for quite a bit, adding 300 things to my queue before I felt eyes on me. Avi was staring at me. He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me, as if I'd caught him doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing.

"Hi."

"Hi?" I took another sip from my bottle and returned to Tumblr. I felt the couch shift and looked up, expecting to see Avi darting into the bathroom after everything we'd drunk, but instead he was standing in front of me. He took the bottle from my hands and sat it down on the table before leaning down over me. 

"What the hell, Avi?" I could feel his hands on my sides, but something was off. "Don't you fucking dare." I tried to move back, but I was against the back of the couch and he'd captured my legs. "I will fucking murder you!" Avi started wiggling his fingers, tickling my sides. He moved around to my stomach and managed to grab both of my wrists in one hand and pin them to the wall behind me. He tickled my armpits, ignoring my screaming and my threats. "Stop! I'm gonna pee!" Avi stopped. I leapt from the couch and sprinted to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind me. I could hear him cackling just over the loud anime blasting from my TV.

When I went back to the living room, Avi was stretched out on the couch, finishing the beer he'd just opened and eating from a bag of chips he'd placed on his stomach for easy access.

"I hate you."

"I know."