Part 46

"I know."

I stood in front of Kevin, Kirstie, and Scott who were ready for rehearsal, but I refused to wake Avi up. He needed to rest. He needed help. He needed...

"We can't work without him. You know that."

"He's not stable right now. Can we just... Can we not do this right now?"

Kevin stood up and grabbed my shoulders. "Please tell me it wasn't Rachael."

I looked away. He looked like he almost wanted to cry. "Maybe we should cancel for today."

Scott and Kirstie looked at each other and then back to Kevin.

"I told Jeremy I wouldn't be home for a few hours, so I'm staying either way."

"That's fine."

Kevin walked back to the couch and sat down. "Why would she wait until now? She's such a..."

"A bitch?"

"Yeah that. Thanks, Mitch"

"Yeah. He's one of the few people I'd hoped to never see cry out of fear and her looking in his direction was enough to cause it, I'd rather her dead."

Scott looked surprised, but Kirstie had this evil grin on her face. I'd never wished death on anyone before. I felt bad even thinking about it, but...

"You're in love with him."

We all looked to Kirstie. She had this smug grin on her face and crossed her arms. "You're in love with him. He's been hurt by her. You want to kill her for hurting him. This is new for you."

"Shut up. This is serious..." I was blushing. She was right, but... I needed to be strong right now. My feelings could wait. I needed Avi to feel safe. I decided to go back and check on him, just in case he was having another nightmare. He wasn't. Thank god. I closed the door behind me, walked over and sat down in front of him, my hand resting on his shoulder. Avi's shirt had gotten pushed up since the last time I was in the room and there was a small gash on his side. It was healed, but the wound remained on his otherwise perfect skin. I softly ran my thumb over it.

"Mitch?"

"Hey, Fuck nugget."

"What are you...? Don't touch that."

I pulled my hand away and smiled placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Are you okay?"

"I feel better now, yeah. Did you guys start rehearsal?"

"No, we cancelled. We'll try tomorrow. You rest for now. Okay?"

"Okay. Mitchie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."