Part Seven

"Oh, you know."

I pretended to stay asleep while Scott yelled relentlessly at Avi, who was keeping his lower half under the cover. My phone alarm went off, silencing Scott, and I lifted my head and looked around a little. I smiled at Avi and hugged his waist, getting as much physical contact as I could. He pulled his hand through his hair and looked down at me. 

"Are you serious?" Scott yelled.

"Oh! Hey, Scott," I said calmly in a very sleep shaken voice.

"Don't you 'hey, Scott' me. You slept with Avi?"

I fell back, pulling the covers a bit, but Avi rushed to make sure he was covered. "I mean. I've slept with worse. Calm down." I pushed myself up so I was sitting and fell against Avi's shoulder. 

Scott was speechless. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from grinning from ear to ear. Scott threw some clothes at us and left the room.

"Put something on. Please." 

About an hour later, I was sitting on the couch in Avi's purple B3arfruit shirt and the pair of purple underwear I wore in our 7/11 video, watching Scott pace between the TV and the small coffee table.

"I can't believe this."

A realization hit me then. I left the TV on all night. Our bill was gonna be obnoxious. I put my hands on the sides of my head and rested my elbows on my knees.

"This can't be happening."

"Good to know we're on the same page. How could you?"

"You could not be less helpful." 

Avi walked into the room then. His hair was still dripping as he roughly rubbed my towel over his head.  He sat down next to me, bumping my knee with his. Scott looked appalled.

"Okay. Explain."

Avi looked over to me.

"Don't look at me! It was your idea."

"You were the most sober!"

I cursed Avi in my head and glared at him. He did this on purpose. This fucker would be the death of me. I took a deep breath to order my thoughts.

"We were watching Dragonball Z and- 

"If you say y'all got h*rny from Goku, I'm leaving."

"No! We were teasing each other, like usual. Then we kissed and... Well..."

Avi looked over at me and started lightly rubbing my back. I leaned against him, falling perfectly into his neck. He somehow managed to look uncomfortable, but still supportive. Was he trying not to laugh? This fucker.

"Next thing I knew, there were clothes everywhere and we were in my bed. I'm sorry, Scott."

I had somehow managed to not tell a single lie. I deserved an award. Scott looked so mad that trying not to laugh was becoming as much my priority as it was Avi's. 

"I can't believe this. Did you even eat dinner first?"

I almost lost it. I ran to the bathroom, covering my mouth. I turned to close the door and Avi was right behind me. He closed the door and we both silently laughed hysterically. After a minute or so of solid laughing, I kneeled by the toilet. Avi kneeled behind me and rubbed my back in small circles. Scott threw the door open, but stopped.

"Wine and beer." I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard. I rested my elbow on the seat and leaned against my hand. I laughed a little shaking my head before leaning back against Avi, who was closer than I thought he was. He put his arms around me and tucked his face into my neck.

"Idiot."

"I know."