Part 21

*** 3k reads what??? I'm still open for suggestions for story elements. You can leave them in the comments or message them to me. As always comment/vote/follow. Love y'all<333 ***

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you crying?" He asked. He sounded slightly more concerned.

"I can hear your pain."

"What?"

I tried to speak, but it ended up just being a jumble of sounds I couldn't really explain, so I just pulled my knees to my chest and cried.

"Wait. Are you crying for me? Oh no. Stop that! Don't do that!"

I laughed a little. He was the one hurting and he was worried about me? I was laugh-crying. Isn't there a word for that? Pleurer de rire? Whatever. I was doing it.

"Don't make me have to leave the house again. I'm not feeling cars right now."

"I'd hope not. That would be weird."

"Oh! You're joking. You're fine."

I laughed and dried my face. We sat in our usual silence, just listening to each other, only with our phones pressed to our faces so we could just barely hear each other breathing. Avi's breathing got heavy suddenly. It sounded as if he had fallen asleep. Of course. I smiled and put the phone on speaker. I sat for a while and listened to Scott singing along with what ever song was blaring threw his headphones. When he went back into his room, I started singing Find You. I hadn't sung it in so long I worried I'd forgotten the words, but they came back to me like the feeling of riding a bike after a long time of not riding.

"Make them dance, just like you,

Cause you make me move,

Every time you make me go-"

"I love your voice."

"Dammit, Fuck nugget!"

He laughed in his raspy morning voice. I glared at the phone, but I realized he couldn't see me.

"I'm mad at you."

"Aren't you always?"

"No!"

He laughed again, a little more awake. He seemed more himself now than he did before. I was glad.

"Hey, Mitchie?"

"Yeah?"

"What does a nosey pepper do?"

"I swear to god..."

"Get jalapeño business!"

I wanted to punch his face.

"I'm hungry."

I really wanted to punch his face.

"I want Chipotle."

His face was too far away for me to punch and I was sad.

"Fuck nugget?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanna hit you so bad right now."

"I know."