Part 47

-Avi's Point of View-

"I love you too."

I had no way of knowing if he really meant that or not. Seeing Rachael always did this to me. I would question everyone. Every little showing of love or emotion was false until proven. I even doubted my own emotions. I was afraid of everything. I flinched when Mitch's hand touched my hair again and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I... I didn't..."

"It's okay. You're still thinking about her right? Maybe we... Maybe we moved too fast."

"We didn't!"

"It's okay! I refuse to leave you, but I won't... I don't want you to be afraid of me." His lips quivered. My heart was in my throat. I sat up and grabbed Mitch as hard as I could. The thought of him crying because of what Rachael had done to me was literally the worst thing I had ever had happen to me. Her fucking after shocks were ruining me.

"I love you. I... I can't think of being anything but with you, Mitch." I cupped his crying face in my hands. "You're my Kitten."

"Fuck nugget."

I smiled and lightly pecked his lips and hugged his waist. His strong arms wrapped around my shoulders. I had that feeling again.

He could hurt me. He could physically hurt me in a way Rachael couldn't even imagine doing. Where she was weak, he was at least somewhat strong. I was fighting my fear just to keep hugging him. I tightened my grip on him. He pressed his face into my shoulder.

"Mitch?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared."