Part Eighteen

*** I'm trying something a little different with this chapter. Comment and let me know if you like it. Thanks you guys! ***

-Avi's Point of View-

"I don't know."

I stood with my back pressed against their apartment door. What just happened? I could hear them talking, but my own thoughts prevented the words from making any sense in my head. I walked to my car and sat my guitar in the back seat, securing it with a seatbelt. I got in and started the engine, but I wasn't collected enough to even attempt to drive. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and re-listened to the entire practice session. Mitch's voice really was perfect for the song and he sung it with this intensity that made you believe he was singing to someone. Was he? My phone rang, stopping Mitch's beautiful singing.

"Hello?"

"Avi! Where'd you run off to?" Kevin sounded frantic. He sounded like he was in a car, which I didn't expect.

"Mitch called me to come over. What's up? You alright?"

"I'm fine. There was a huge accident on 10 and Kevira was heading home that way. She won't answer her phone and I'm in traffic. Could you head to the hospital and check on her. Please!"

"Alright! Do you know which hospital?"

"No, but she lives near Scomiche, so she shouldn't be far from there."

I started driving. Unfortunately, there were a lot of hospitals in the area. It took quite a bit of driving and a lot of phone calls before I'd located Kevira. She'd only broken her arm, but the way Kevin sounded when he called, you would have thought she died.

"Hey, Avi! Did Kevin send you?"

"Yeah. He's stuck in the traffic the accident caused."

She laughed and pulled her phone out of her purse, but it was shattered. She cursed under her breath and shoved it back. I handed her mine.

"Hey, Kevin... No, I'm not dead! Calm... No, I didn't... Let me talk! I'm fine. I was in the back of the accident, so I just have a few bumps and bruises. Totaled my car though... Yeah, insurance covered it... Alright, love. Bye."

She handed it back.

"Is he done having a panic attack?"

"He is. He said he'll be here shortly. Are you alright? You seem a little... flustered?"

I sighed and leaned back in the small waiting room chair.

"That obvious?"

"You read like a book, so..."

"Yeah, I know."