Part 30

*** Panic Attack trigger warning? Also, Feels trigger attack warning. I love this chapter. ***

-Avi's Point of View-

"I love you."

I stopped the car and looked over at him. I had never been more thankful for red lights. He had his hands clamped over his mouth and looked about as shocked as I felt. I never thought I'd hear those words from him. A couple weeks ago, I was single and crying on this man's shoulder. Now, I was driving him to his favorite fancy, vegan restaurant to get away from Esther's long rant about proper places to fornicate.

"Avi... The light's green." He was blushing. I'd never seen him blush before. God, why was he so pretty. The car behind us honked.

"Shit, sorry!" I turned around and started driving only to have a car dart in front of me. Our cars didn't touch, but the almost contact was enough to cause a flash back. I stopped the car, pushed my seat back as far as it could go, and pulled my knees into my chest.

"Avi?"

I could hear the accident replay in my head. I was already feeling uneasy that day. I had a headache and decided to lie down in the back seat of my parents' small car. There was a loud pop followed by vicious motions. The seat I was on slammed against the back on my parents, closing off the leg section almost entirely. When I'd opened my eyes, I was surrounded by glass and I could hear people screaming, but I couldn't move. I wasn't hurt, but I'd been paralyzed by my fear. I could hear my mother screaming my name as the police sirens blared. I was able to kick the door open and crawl out the seat. As I climbed out, the paramedics grabbed my mother and me and escorted us into the back of an ambulance. I had several things running through my mind, but none as powerful as the roughest fact I'd ever had to face in my young life. I could have died. I really could have died. I began to weep to the point where my mother had to physically hold me to keep me from ending up on the ground.

"Avi"

I grabbed the sides of my head, trying to stop all the swirling thoughts I was having and trying to calm me down.

"Avi!" Mitch grabbed my arm. I looked up at him, tears running down my face. The sun was behind him, making him glow, like we weren't cliché enough. "Are you okay? What just happened?" I hugged Mitch as close to me as I could with everything being in my way. I undid my seatbelt and basically laid on top of him. "What are you...? What's going on."

"Don't leave."