Part 53

"Fucking Sperm bucket."

I laid with my arms tightly wound around Avi, who slept peacefully for hours. I used the time to switch between braiding his hair and eating my left over salad and the rest of his wrap. It was raining outside for the first time in a while. I was reminded of the particular petrichor of my home and desperately wanted to open the window. I tried to reach for it, but Avi had me pinned down and I just wasn't tall enough. I grabbed my phone and called Scott.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"Can you come open my window? I don't want to wake my king."

"You owe me coffee."

"Deal."

I heard Scott's door open and his soft footsteps on the carpet before he was in my room and carefully leaning over Avi and me to get to the window. I heard the click of the lock and the slide of the window and sighed in relief. There was a slight breeze so I pulled my blanket over us. Scott grabbed my empty take out box and closed my room door as he left. I was thankful for the nice temperature outside, despite the rain, which was picking up. Avi shifted against me and grunted, then he lifted his head to look at me. He had this smile on his face that I didn't quite understand yet, but he was sure to explain. He was talkative in the morning.

"Hello, Mitch."

"Don't you fucking try to sweet talk me because you think your morning croaking is sexy."

He laughed, sat up, stretched his back, and went to the bathroom in an almost fluid motion. Man, he looked good walking away. He took his shirt off as he walked into the bathroom, almost as if he wanted me to see the dimples of his shoulder blades. This fucker.

"Don't look too hard. I might..."

"Don't you even. You know we got shit to talk about."

"Yeah, yeah."