27.

Wesley's footsteps could be heard immediately, rushing down the hallway. 'Ella, get away from him!' he shouts, grabbing my arm and tugging me behind him. 'What the fuck are you doing here?!' Wes spits, his fists balling at his sides.

'You owe me, Wesley.' Marcus states, His eyebrows raised as his eyes scan over Wes. I swallow hardly, reaching forward and wrapping my hand around his forearm. Marcus' eyes shoot down to my hand before he smirks, looking over Wesley's shoulder to look at me.

'There's no need to be scared, darling' he speaks, i feel Wesley's muscles tighten beneath my hand as he squeezes his fists even tighter. 'Don't speak to her' Wes growls, reaching his other hand behind me, grabbing onto my hip and pulling me closer to his back.

'Why not.. i was thinking maybe she could be your repayment. to me..' he trails off, 'No. Fucking. Way' Wesley says through his teeth, his fingers tightening and pressing into my skin harder. Marcus chuckles, shoving his hands into his pockets as he shrugs his shoulders.

'i need payment, Wesley, and i don't know what you're going to give me, other then her.' he states, his eyes flickering to me when i peak over Wes' shoulder.

'Anything but her.' Wesley spits, his eyes narrowed on Marcus. 'I'll give you a week, Wesley. If i don't have payment in a week, i'm coming to collect her.' he states, taking a step back out of the apartment. Wesley releases me before he steps forward.

'You wont lay a single fucking finger on her, you hear me.. because i will kill you' Wesley almost shouts before slamming the door closed, flicking the lock before he slams his fist against the wood. 'Fuck' he growls, leaning his forehead against the door.

'W-Wesley' i speak, my voice cracking. Wesley's breath stops for a second before he turns around, his eyes locking with mine. 'Stay here. Whatever you do. don't you leave this house or even open the door, you hear me? stay here.' he states and i swallow as he grabs the door handle, unlocking it.

'Wesley wait-' i begin but he cuts me off. 'I don't have time, Ella. Stay here' he growls before walking out the door, slamming it closed seconds later. I rush towards it and flick the lock, my heart beating fast as i slowly back away from the door, my hands shaking by my sides as i stare at it.

I swallow before quickly rushing up the hallway, shutting the bedroom door behind me and walking over to the bed, crawling onto it and slipping underneath the blanket, leaning my back to the headboard.

.

It had been hours since Wesley had left. 7 to be exact. And i hadn't moved once, i was still curled up in the bed, i didn't want to move, or be anywhere but the bedroom because i didn't even feel safe. Wesley seemed scared, or worried when he rushed out the door.

A rattle at the door sent my heart into overdrive and i bound out of the bed when i heard someone step in. I rush into the bathroom, closing the door silently before running over to the other side.

The footsteps soon entered the bedroom and i held my breath, 'Ella?'. A sigh leaves my mouth when i realize its Wesley, quickly hurrying towards the door and opening it. 'Wes?' i whisper, his eyes lock with mine before i rush towards him, straight into his chest.

My arms tighten around him as he wrapped his arms tightly around me, pressing his lips to the top of my head. 'its alright' he breaths out, pressing another kiss to the top of my head.

'Wesley' i whisper, pulling away from him enough to look up at him. 'You.. you need to tell me what happened.' i state, he swallows, biting his bottom lip before he nods, grabbing my hand and leading me over to sit on the edge of the bed with him.

'Marcus is uh.. his a um. Ella after you hated me, and called me a monster.. it kind of, i don't know, it played with my head, It made me go a bit, different' he begins, looking down to the floor. 'i went stupid, and that lead to me going on drugs'.