Chapter 11

Ella's POV:

I've always had a love of bowling it's something my Papá and I used to do together almost every weekend when I was growing up. Most of the time Mom was working and it was just the two of us, so we got stuck in traditions and liked to do the same thing over and over.

While I'm no where near a professional, I am rather good at it, years of playing has taught me well, so when Ace invited me to bowl with him tonight I was beyond excited.

So far our night has been so much fun, even more fun than I was expecting. Not only have we been bowling on teams, we've also had lots to eat, and the drinks are flowing. Tonight I've only had one glass of wine, and after that I moved to soft drinks.

"Holy shit, it's on!" Jordan giggles loudly as Willow takes her bowl for her and Killen, getting a strike which puts Ace and I and them on the same points.

"No pressure Ace." I smile up at him, as he sits next to me.

"We've got this Gorgeous, don't worry I won't let you down." He grins as he stands to his feet and makes his way toward the alley, picking up his ball.

With bated breath, I watch as he takes our bowl, and like almost every other time so far, he too scores a strike, putting us even with Killian and Willow who are the only ones with a chance of beating us.

"YES!" I jump up from the booth style seating and do a little happy dance.

Chuckling Ace makes his way back to the seat and gives me a high five. "Told you I wouldn't let you down."

Together we sit back down in our seat, and we watch as everyone else takes their turn. There is a few of us sharing the lane, so teams has worked well to get the game moving. Jordan and Grayson are one team and while Jordan is rather good, Gray however is horrible and mostly gets gutter balls, Mack and Envy who I'm only meeting for the first time tonight are also both horrible, but they're having a good time and sharing lots of laughs so that's all that matters. Aside from the usual crew there is also a few other of Jordan's friends who I've met for the first time tonight, all of them seem really nice but they've stuck together for most of the night, while I've stuck to Ace and the rest of the Shelby / Miller group.

Finally it comes back around to team Killen and Willow and what will be there last bowl. Killen stands to his feet and everyone stops talking, all looking toward him, wondering what sore he will come up with.

Picking up his ball he makes his way to position and throws it down the alley. I watch as it rolls toward the pins, and it perfectly rolls toward the middle. Striking it perfectly, somehow he only knocks down eight pins, leaving them split one pin on the left and one on the right.

"How are you going to get that one brother?" Ace smirks from next to me, and everyone chuckles, the competition on. 

Grabbing his second ball, Killen rolls it down, and he hits the pin on the right, leaving them nine point ahead of us.

"No pressure, but I need you to get us a strike." Ace whispers, sending shivers down my spine.

"I'll do my best." I rub my hands together before standing to my feet, making my way toward the ball holder. I take my purple ball and head to position.

As I stand in my place, I take a deep breath and look at the arrows on the alley, then at the ball and then back again, and finally I throw the ball down the alley. As I watch it, I can feel my heart beating out of my chest like my life depends on it. I'm a very competitive person and tonight I've learned that Ace is as well, I want this win this for us.