Chapter 33

Katherine's POV:

"Jex, do you think I could talk to you for a moment?" I question the moment we finish eating dinner. "It's about work."

"Of course, my office?" He asks as he stands to his feet.

"Perfect." I nod as I stand and follow him.

The moment Ella came home and told me she knew the actual identities of the Shelby family and she'd taken the news so well, I knew I needed to speak to Roberto.

Now that everything is out in the open I want Ella to know the truth about her father, but I promised him I'd allow him to be the one to do that when he felt the time is right, however I believe now is the right time.

I've left several text messages on his burner phone, I've even phoned it, but each time I get nothing. Jex is the only person I know I can speak to about this, and he'll be able to help me locate him.

"Is everything okay?" He questions as he closes his office door behind us.

"I didn't say anything because I didn't want to involve you in my mess, but Roberto is on the run from the cartel and I believe he is headed to America."

"That's the real reason Ella stayed?" He asks as he leans against his large timber desk.

"Roberto called her when we reached the airport, he said he needed to go away for work for at least five months, I have no idea why it was a five-month time line, but anyway." I sigh. "He told Ella he wanted to speak to me and I took the call out the car. He told me he was on the run, that the Cartel had finally caught up with him and the bad deals he made and he needed to flee. He didn't tell me where he was going, but I have a feeling it's here, I don't know where else he would go."

"Has he been in contact since?"

"No, and now that Ella knows about you and Ace and the whole Mafia thing, I want her to know the truth about her Dad, I want her to have the chance to say goodbye to him if he really is going to be on the run and never see her again."

"What is it that your asking me?"

"I'm asking if you could help me find him, I won't involve you, I'm not asking you to protect him, or even me, I'm just asking you to help me find him, even if I just speak to him on the phone, that's all I need, I just need to make contact."

Nodding his head slowly, he looks up at me. "I'll help you, but I'm doing this you and I'm doing this for Ella. I gave Roberto the chance to come out here and live under our full protection after I met you and he wouldn't take my help then, I won't help him now."

"I understand." I nod "Thank-you."

Knock Knock. The door sounds before being pushed open. Turning our attention to the door, we see Ella and Ace walking in hand by hand.

"Sorry to interrupt work talk, but Ace and I are going to head back to his place for the night, so I wanted to give you the car keys." Ella smiles as holds the car keys out to me.

"Uh, Jex and I are all done here, so I'm leaving as well." I tell her with a soft smile before taking the cars from her hand.

"Is everything okay?" Ace questions from behind Ella, looking between Jex and I.

"Everything is fine, Ace." Jex says sternly.

"Okay." He says with knitted brows.

"Anyway, you two have a good night and I'll see you at work in the morning." She smiles.

Ella's POV:

After heading downstairs and saying our goodbyes to Bella, Killen and the girls, Ace and I headed out the front to his car and headed for his place.