Chapter 13

Standing in front of the wall to floor mirror in Katherines bedroom, I take in my appearance. I'm dressed in a white, figure hugging dress to comes to my knees, the top of the dress and my arms are covered with white chiffon open sleeves that sit off my shoulders. Around my neck is the Tiffany necklace Katherine said I could keep, and my diamond earrings in my ears.

As my eyes scan down my body, I take notice of the strappy sliver heels on my feet and then look my eyes up toward the mirror once again. Pulling my curled hair over my shoulders as I take a deep breath.

As the sound of the doorbell rings loudly throughout the house, it can only mean one thing, Ace is here.

"I'll grab the door, you look beautiful sweetheart." Katherine smiles before turning on her heel, heading out the door and down the stairs.

I take one more look at myself and then reach for my silver clutch bag, which I'm also borrowing from Katherine and hold it next to my dress. If there is one thing she knows, it's how to put together a stunning outfit.

Slowly I make my way toward the stairs and take yet another deep breath. I'm feeling so nervous about seeing Ace, I know it's silly, we hang out all the time, but this being a date makes me feel all kind of emotions I've never left before. No one has ever taken me on an official date before.

Reaching the top of the stairs I can hear Katherine and Ace talking, and I'm glad she's making an effort to be a little nicer to him, even if she doesn't love the idea of us going on a date.

I make my way down the stairs holding onto side rail for support. As I reach the bottom I look up at Ace with a soft smile. He is dressed in a blue suit, his hair slicked back, and his ocean blue eyes locked on mine as he swallows hard.

"Hey." I smile once more as I reach him.

"Hi." He smiles back "You look...beautiful."

"Thank-you, you look really handsome."

Standing there awkwardly, Katherine speaks.  "Enjoy your night, let me know if you're coming home or not so I don't worry."

"She'll be home tonight, I promise." Ace assures her with a smile. Which I can only assume alludes to the fact he doesn't plan on taking me back to his place to have sex with me, which appears to be the worry of Katherine life at the moment.

While I want her to like Ace and I want her to be open to the idea of him and I spending time together, I do understand where she is coming from. If it was my daughter going out with a guy with reputation for sleeping around I'd worry to. But I hope she knows me well enough to know I won't jump into bed with someone right away, in fact I haven't ever.

"Have fun." She waves before turning around, heading into the kitchen area of the house.

"Thank-you for helping me get ready Mom." I call after her.

She stops suddenly and turns looking at me, tears welling in her eyes. "You're welcome sweetheart." she says before turning once more.

"Are you ready to go gorgeous?" Ace smiles as he holds out his hand to me.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smile as I take his hand.

Hand in hand we make our way toward the front door and Ace pulls it open. We make our way down the steps and toward his car. Once we reach the door, he opens my car door for me as he did the night we went bowling which I find super cute, and I slide in, pulling my seatbelt across my body.

A moment later he joins me in the drivers seat, and pulls his own seatbelt on, then smiles over at me. "I hope you're hungry, because the food at this place is amazing." He says as he starts the engine, and drives toward the gates.