C H A P T E R - 1

BROOK'S POV
It's almost 7 in the morning and soon I have to get up to go to school. Luckily I live alone, at least I don't have to hear my parents' screams anymore. My dad died two years ago and my mom left, she said I was old enough and I could handle everything without her help, as I always have done. I actually knew it was because of my sexual orientation, but I also always refuse to admit that it was actually the main reason.

A few days a week Jonathan, my boyfriend, stays to sleep at my house, practically invites himself but for me it's not a problem. He and I have been together for almost two years. I love him and he loves me too; even if he hardly ever gives it to see, I know that he cares and loves me.

I never told my dad I was gay and I never had the chance, but I think deep down he knew it ... a parent always knows. Whatever the reality is, that's one of the things I regret the most. My mom, unlike him, knew for sure. He always wanted to dodge the conversation. I was 14 when I came out to her and I didn't know anything about anything. I had no idea how it worked, I needed advice, I felt the need to talk about it with her and instead she kept replying that it was not her problem and that the choice was mine and therefore the responsibilities were also mine. But it was not my choice and it still isn't, I was simply myself, always been.
At school there was no one I could talk to about it, at first there were free and voluntary appointments, but shortly after they were eliminated.

I get out of bed and decide to wash and dress myself and then have breakfast.
I wear black ripped jeans, a powder pink hoodie and black and white Vans.
I head down to the kitchen and prepare breakfast, while I hear the door of the house open violently and slam against the wall. I get up and see Jon (Jonathan's nickname) completely drunk with the bottle of vodka still in his hand. It's not the first time that he presents himself in these conditions, but it's not a problem, a lot of people love drinking alchool and smoke.

"Love, I'll take it" I say taking the bottle of vodka from his hands. The glass of the bottle is almost frozen due to the cold outside the house and the warmth of my hands melts it

"What the fuck are you doing?!!" he pushes me against the wall. Yes, some times he can be a bit rough but this is also part of the person, certainly he's not the only one.

"Sorry I just thought ..." he stops me kissing me on the lips as if he hadn't seen me for years.

He has no intention of breaking away from the kiss and I know he wants more, but I can't, it's late and I have to go to school. He has a firm grip on my arms and will probably leave me bruised.

"Not now" I put a hand on his chest to push him away and he looks at me with an expression full of anger

"You are an asshole! You never want to do shit, you pussy!" he yells at me and goes to the sofa throwing himself on it, not even a minute later he's already sleeping soundly

You will think that he is a bad person, but in reality he can sometimes be very kind and sweet, he shows it very little, but as I have already said it's subjective.
In this case, it's the alcohol that speaks, I'm sure he doesn't mean a word of what he said.

I'm on the bus with my headphones and the music that lulls me during the journey. I'm listening Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi; I love slow songs in the early morning, I know that energetic songs are more recommended but I work in reverse, in many ways.
Music has long been a huge part of my days, and now that I'm happy with Jon and my best friend, I don't feel like leaving it.

I'm walking calmly towards the school entrance when I feel a hand touch my shoulder, I turn around and who can be but my best friend?!

"Hi Jacky" he turns to me with one of her most beautiful smiles. Over the years I have come to know him so well that I've understood that he has three types of smiles: one for embarrassing situations, one forced and one only and exclusively for me,

"Hi Brook" he leaves me a kiss on the cheek and I smile at the contact of his warm lips on my cold cheek. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and hugs me, knowing that I am freezing, and so we make our way to our classroom.

Jack Duff is my best friend. We've known each other since we were 4 years old and we've always been very close. He's a really nice guy and he's incredibly sweet.
The thing I love most about him are his eyes and his forelock, but more his beautiful eyes with those gorgeous lashes. Overall, however, he is a really beautiful guy.
He and I have always said everything; when my dad died, he stayed in my house for two weeks and cuddled and slept with me because he knew I was going to have nightmares. When I found out I was gay he was the first person I told it to, I knew he would accept me and he did. After my mom, he was the second person to whom I spoke about all the doubts I had about what would happen if I had a relationship with a boy and the possibility of having sexual intercourse or something close. Right away I was very uncertain whether to tell him or not, because he was not gay and therefore, in return, I would not receive any response. After giving me some time to think about it, he made an appointment for me at a clinic. That day he came with me to talk to a very nice lady, who immediately made me feel at ease; all my doubts disappeared and the ideas were much clearer than before. I will never be grateful enough for everything he has done and will do for me.

He was my first crush, obviously I didn't tell him this because he is straight and therefore he would never reciprocate, in the end it was a passing crush and now I have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend. His girlfriend is called Jenna, she's not very nice and doesn't treat him as she should, this thing bothers me, but he seems to love her and as long as he's happy it's okay.

Fortunately for us, we're in class together. Upon enrollment, there was the option of inserting a classmate with whom you wanted to be in class together and we didn't even think about it for a split second and put each other's names on the form.

Hours with Jack go by fast, he makes me have too much fun! He always makes noises to the teachers and even when he tries to sound serious he's actually funny! The only lessons that go slowly are those of mathematics, I do not understand absolutely anything! But as long as he is with me, everything is fine.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter🌵💞