graduation

CHARLOTTE
FRIDAY, NOV 10th 2020

The first thing which Charlotte encountered when she walked down stairs was the scent of cigarette smoke, wafting from the living room. Her mother was already awake. Fully intending to skip any conversation and head straight out, Charlotte only glanced in the living room once as she passed. It was long enough for her to catch a glimpse of Margaret in a night gown, her eyes shadowed by yesterday's unwashed makeup. She held a glass of wine in her other hand. "Why aren't you at school," her mother stated flatly. "School finished for me last week" Charlotte said continuing to walk closer and closer to the door so that she could get straight out, avoiding the rest of the conversation. It was Charlotte's graduation today. She hadn't told Margaret as she didn't want her to ruin it, and she didn't think that she would want to come anyways. It was around 3pm and she was on her way to pick her brothers up from school. They were so the only family she wanted to have there.

When she arrived at the venue, everyone was already lined up waiting for the ceremony to start. She took Eli and River over to were the seats were and then quickly ran to her spot. She stood there nervously until suddenly she felt somebody's arms wrap around her waist. "I almost didn't recognise you" the voice whispered in her ear. She turned around embracing him tightly. "Purple hair huh" he said. "You look beautiful." he continued. "I've missed you" she said mumbling into his shoulder. "I've missed you too" he said. "I can't believe we're actually graduating" she said. "I know it's so crazy" he said. Louis looked into the crowd, spotting Elliot and River. "I'm guessing your mum didn't show up?" He said. "I didn't expect her too" she replied. "What about you dad?" She asked. "Nah he didn't either" Louis said. "Well at least we have each other." Charlotte said softly, looking up into his brown eyes. She remembered back to when they first started hanging out, and how she fell in love with them.

After graduation they all decided to go and get ice cream together. Shortly after they went for a walk along the beach. Louis and Charlotte sat on the sand watching her brothers run into the ocean, playing with the waves. It was quiet and Charlotte was laying on the sand in Louis's lap. "I got accepted into ESMOD." Charlotte said suddenly, breaking the silence. "Really?" Louis replied. "Yeah" Charlotte said looking up at him, waiting for a reply. He tried to hide the sadness but she could tell by the look on his face. All he wanted was for her to be happy but it was starting to hurt, he couldn't handle the thought of being away from her, but he knew it was what was best for her so he just replied with, "I'm really happy for you." He wasn't lying when he said this, he was so unbelievably happy for her. He had never cared for anyone as much as her. After all she had shown him what real love was like. "I don't know what I'm gonna do. I don't wanna leave here, I don't wanna leave you" she said beginning to tear up. "This is your dream school though right." He said. "Yeah it is." she replied. "Well then just go." He said wiping her tears and forcing a smile across his face. "This is your dream Charlotte, you can't drop all that for me." He continued. She didn't answer him. She had no idea what she was gonna do and her mind was so fuzzy and confused. She just sat there, in the comfort of his arms, watching the sunset as her head rested in the crook of his neck. They were only young but their feelings were stronger than ever. They were each others happy place.

*im so sorry this took so long to upload, I've been so unmotivated to write but i'm gonna finish this book for you all ❤️*