bonding

CHARLOTTE
TUESDAY, SEP 14TH, 2020

"Mum was worse than usual last time" her youngest brother Eli said quietly. "She hit you." he continued referring to the day before where Charlotte hadn't gotten home later than usual due to detention and she had gotten into an argument with her mum as soon as she walked through the door. "I know she did, but it won't happen again," Charlotte said, "She won't hurt you." Charlotte told Eli  "Yeah, but she hurt you." Eli replied. Charlotte sighed and took his hand. "don't worry about it, it's okay"

Charlotte sat up as she heard the door open. "Bloody Hell, River what happened to you?" she said, wondering why her brother was covered in mud. "I had football practice. It started pouring down half away through the match, but I scored the most epic goal, char, so i just slid across the grass, and it went straight into the goal. I wish you could've been there." He was almost out of breath he was that excited. Football was River's passion just like designing was for Charlotte. He found an escape in it, every Sunday morning he would spend at his soccer matches and the training sessions were on Tuesdays and Fridays. He was good at it too. Charlotte had been to quite a few of his games in the past, and it was obvious he was one of the best players there.  "That's amazing, Riv!" Charlotte ran up to him embracing him in a hug, despite the fact that he was covered in mud but she didn't seem to care.

Just then the siblings heard a door unlock, this time Margaret walked through the door. "My goodness River what have you been doing?You're a mess go clean yourself up." River mumbled something under his breath but I didn't quite catch what he said but clearly their mother had heard it. She snapped her head up, her eyes staring at the boy. "What did you just say to me " she shouted at the young boy. "I said, why don't you clean up your own fucking mess" River shouted, as his fists began to clench. Charlotte walked back to Rivers side before Margaret had a chance to shout back mouth, turning him to face her. "Just do what she said, Riv." she said quietly.  River breathed heavily, his fist still clenched. Slowly, he eventually nodded, before leaving the room. She could tell that he was angry and upset, but there was nothing she could do about it now.

The next morning she woke up rather early, and she left the house a little after her brothers left for school. Her bus stop was empty as usual. She took the same seat she always did, in the middle on the right by the window, and pressed her head against the glass as the bus began to move. Her music was calming and she began to drift out of reality. Eventually the bus got louder due to more students getting on. The louder it got, the more she turned up the volume in her headphones. She was still in her own world. At around 8:25, someone slung themselves into the seat beside her. For a second she thought it was Madi but it couldn't be this person was way taller than her and his legs were squished behind the seat in front of them.  "Louis?" she said, looking at him. She didn't understand what he was doing or why he had decided to sit with her this morning.  He just smiled at her. "Morning Charlotte." He looked incredible this morning. His hair was messy but his eyes were still that dreaming brown colour she always found herself getting lost in, and he was smiling at her. Butterflies began to swarm in her stomach making her feel nervous. She took a deep breath and began to look back out the window. No one had ever had this effect on her, and she didn't like that he did.  A second later, one of her headphones was taken out of her ear.  "Louis!" She hit him lightly him on the arm trying to get the headphone back. "Give me my headphone back." She said while laughing. He already had it plugged in. "What song is this?" he asked. "I haven't heard it before."Inhaler," Ellie said, as her voice began to soften. "When it breaks."  "I like it," he said smirking. He began to look down at her, his eyes had sad look in them. She wasn't sure if it was from the music or something else.

She looked back out the window. Suddenly something touched the back of her hand. She began to tense up an looked down at her hand. Louis was tracing patterns into her skin his eyes focused on her, it began to feel like they're were in another world and they were the only ones there.  He was so perfect, and it scared her. It terrified her. She was letting him in. She knew that he'd hurt her one day it was impossible to avoid. All Charlotte had ever seen, through her life, were failed relationships first her parents and then Margaret with her flings. But she was willing to let him in. Yes, relationships could be painful but they could also be so utterly beautiful. Louis was this charming boy who liked the same books as her. He's just a boy, she told herself. He began to move his hand away, as Charlotte took a deep breath and stared back out the window.

next chapter will be up soon lovely's!