trust

CHARLOTTE
TUESDAY, OCT 10TH, 2020

The bus ride to home was silent but she didn't mind, the two were completely zoned out while both sharing one set of earphones and listening to Charlotte's playlist.

When the two got back to Louis house they dumped there bags in the hallway like usual and ran straight to the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?" Louis asked politely, "cereal" Charlotte replied, trying to reach the top shelf in the pantry where the box of cornflakes were but Louis walked over grabbing it with no bother considering he was nearly 6ft tall compared to Charlotte who was 5"4.

As he reached up his shirt began to lift up revealing a massive bruise on his stomach. "Louis are you . . . okay?" she asked softly looking at the bruise and then back up at him. "Yeah I'm fine why?" Louis asked, praying that she hadn't had seen the bruise. "The bruise.. what happened" the girl asked wondering wether he had gotten into some sort of fight or just fallen over. "I just tripped over the ball yesterday when I was playing football, don't worry about it." He replied putting on a fake smile to assure her that everything was okay.

The bruise was to harsh to have gotten by just falling over so she didn't believe him one bit. "Jesus Christ," she groaned. "Stop lying to me, Louis." "Just leave it alright, i'm fine" the boy replied stepping away from her. "You're hurt and there's no way that's from tripping over a football Louis tell me what really happened." She demanded. He shook his head. "Stop acting like I'm some sort of puzzle that you need to figure out okay because I'm not." he said slightly raising his voice back at her.

It shocked her, he had never spoken to her in that tone before, she turned around heading for the door as he caught her wrist between his fingers and turned her around, but she wouldn't look at him in the eyes. "Hey. Charlotte. Look at me. I'm sorry." He put two fingers beneath her chin and tilted it up. "You can trust me." "No." She shook her head, stepping away from him. "I can't and clearly you can't trust me either" she said beginning to tear up. "Charlotte.." "I'm going home." She took another step back, and it was at that moment he realised how scared her eyes were. She turned her back to him and he silently watched her walk out the door.