Log 4: Maiden Heaven

"Just tell us where you got the diamonds from," cried the male interrogator, slamming his fist down on the table, "I'm begging you here. We can't be playing games!"

"Hi, begging you here," replied Maurice, leaning back on his chair, "My name is Maurice."

"We'll have to pressure him even more, Carlos," stated the female interrogator, "I'm pretty sure we're wasting time trying to negotiate with him."

"'Pretty sure we're wasting time trying to negotiate with him' is a very long name," smiled Maurice, "Can't I just give you the nickname, 'Pretty?'"

"I'd rather shut his mouth with all those jokes he's spitting out," grumbled Ivan Carlos, "He's damn stubborn, Melissa."

"We've got to wait for his lawyer, apparently," replied Melissa McGarth, watching a video of Ichishojo performing on-stage.

"You watch Ichishojo?" asked Maurice, "Didn't think you'd be the type to be watching idols perform."

"Her music is catchy."

Suddenly, the door to the interrogation room burst open. By the door stood a tall woman, wearing a maid outfit. She had long flowing blonde hair that stretched to her breasts. Her facial expression looked frustrated.

"Master Bennett," she said calmly, "I charge for three days and you end up getting interrogated already? What things do you do when I'm not supervising you?"

"Maria!" yelled Maurice in joy, waving both his hands.

"Marie Antoinette," she replied, "It's Marie Antoinette."

"I'm assuming she is your lawyer?" asked Ivan, scratching at his chin.

"Technically, yes," answered Maurice, who stopped leaning back from his chair, "She's also my robot."

"Marie Antoinette, Generation 1, Maid Robot manufactured from the Maiden Heaven Company Line," announced Marie as she bowed, doing a curtsy before sitting down next to Maurice, "At your service."

"For a robot, she's not looking too bad," peered Ivan before shaking his head, "Alright, Bennett. Spit it out. What are those diamonds and where did you get them from?"

Maurice turned to Marie, who silently looked at him as if she was saying, "You've been caught in the act. Lying would land you in a deeper grave."

"They're Zonialation Diamonds," explained Maurice, "I bought them from some Indian dude. Uhh.. Dinesh, I think, was his name. I didn't pay too much attention to the company name, but it was near a junkyard near Jerry's."

"Zonialation Diamonds?" asked Melissa, putting down her phone, "I've heard those kinds of things circulating around the deep web. What do they exactly do? No one mentions about it."

"Something trippy, I guess," shrugged Maurice, "Hell if I know. I don't do drugs, I just sell them. I need to make a living somehow."

"Well, Arya should be working on analyzing those diamonds in the lab," said Melissa as she walked towards the door, "You'll be fined, but nothing too harsh."

"Sweet," smiled Maurice.

"Not sweet," commented Marie, "Any punishment is still a punishment. It's good that we at least have the funds to cover such a thing."

"That means I just gotta work on not getting caught right?" asked Maurice, scratching his chin in deep thoughts.

"Don't mention something like that in an interrogation room," mumbled Marie hazily.

"Be careful Andrew," smiled the woman holding his hand, "This street is dangerous."

"We'd have to move quickly if we're going to reach the stage," commented the man, holding the woman's other hand, "We were lucky that we were chosen to be part of the survivors from the nuclear fallout."

"I feel like this is just going to make problems worse," worried the woman, "And what are we going to do about Andrew? How will he live and grow up in a place of ruin?"

"Kieran Williams must have a backup plan when it comes to this. He's been talking about it ever since we supported him. I'm sure that he can do something about the children."

"Alright, stick it up," smiled an old man, coming up from behind the building, "You know the drill."

"We don't want any trouble sir," mumbled the man nervously, "We're just heading towards the stage."

"I know very well of your intentions," sniffed the old man, "This is a good place to start anew. What better to take advantage of people than after the nuclear fallout, right? Now, hand over everything you got."

The man let go of his wife's hand and reached into his pocket, tapping the woman with his other hand.

The woman then whispered to Andrew, "Run towards the stage once your father pulls out something. You know your way. You've always been a smart kid."

"Don't think of anything funny now," smiled the old man, who also reached for something in his pocket.

As soon as the man pulled out a gun, Andrew bolted from the group, running towards the stage

Bang! Bang!

Andrew ran and ran, not looking back at what happened.

Bang!

Thud!

"Hey, watch it kid!" complained a man in the crowd as Andrew stumbled into him, "I know you're excited about what's going to happen, but you don't gotta run into people!"

As Andrew stood up, he saw a man walking up to the stage, announcing, "I'm sure of it now. After this fallout, it would be nothing but war and conflict among all of us."

...

"Hey, wake up," said Laurence, shaking Andrew, who was sleeping on the couch, "They finished interrogating the guy."

"Huh?" asked Andrew, shaking his head and rubbing his eyes, "Alright. Let's go meet the guy."

"Excuse us," said a woman by the doorway to the interrogation room, "Are you two the people who turned in the diamonds?"

"Yeah."

"I would like to discuss to you two about what we found. You've given us an interesting find to our analyzations that we'd like to share. Follow us to the laboratory."