Log 31: Hate

"I didn't think this far through," whispered Ichishojo, scanning the area and founding loads of robots, "At this rate, it seems like we're done for."

"Not quite," said Jules, plunging her fists down through the ground, extending them, "The best part about robots is their flexibility! You can do anything with them!"

The arms extended through the ground and popped up from behind the robots surrounding them, extending and curling around their legs and finally tightening up. The extended arms then raised up, holding the robots by their legs and leaving them hanging.

"Baxter!" yelled Jules, "Don't torch them. These poor scraps are probably under Total Control!"

"Got it," said Baxter, going over and examining the robots to find out how to turn them off.

"Beep Boop," said Nishojo, taking the mic in her hands, "You and the dog finish off these fools. I'll take the other robots and head off into a different room where I can focus my Total Control better."

"Understood," said Beep Boop as Dante growled beside him.

He raised his finger again and aimed at Andrew.

Bang!

The bullet was blocked by a pressure of air. Ichishojo was almost a direct counter to Beep Boop. She fully understood where the bullet would fire, and would take measures against it.

"Andrew, Arev!" said Ichishojo, "We'll find out how to deal with this! Beep Boop's purpose is to hold us back! Keep going on and do your best to interfere with Nishojo!"

Jameson and Andrew understood, rushing towards where Nishojo had exited. Dante lunged at the both of them, trying to bite them, but Ichishojo had blasted him away with a pressurized air blast.

"Why do you try so hard to have humans enslave you?" asked Beep Boop out of curiosity.

"We have a different understanding of humans," glared Ichishojo, turning to Jules and Baxter, "When you guys are done deactivating them, come help me out!"

"Almost done!" said Baxter, configuring a few switches.

"A stalling battle isn't it?" asked Beep Boop, fiddling with his fingers, "Let's see how long you can last."

Beep Boop accidentally shot his head with his finger while playing around with it. He collapsed to the floor. Ichishojo stared in shock. Even Dante stayed still in confusion. She decided to walk over and examine Beep Boop.

However, a finger was immediately pointed out of the collapsed robot, aiming directly at Ichishojo!

"It's passionate robots like you who make me sick!" yelled Beep Boop in frustration, shooting the bullets out of his fingers, "Critical!"

Ichishojo extended her arms to shoot at the bullets with pressurized air, but at the last second, the bullets changed direction, darting from right and left. They then circled Ichishojo before coming back down from the air, hitting both of her shoulders, almost breaking them!

An electric ripple blasted from Ichishojo's shoulders, blinding Beep Boop for a while before she jumped back and got on her feet. She was suddenly met by Baxter repairing her shoulders, screwing her joints in tightly.

"Thanks for the wait," said Baxter.

"Don't trust this guy any longer," added on Jules.

"Look, Marrion!" said the father, "Your very own robot!"

Marrion was surprised at his gift, confused on why his parents had even given him one because of their debt.

"Remember, Marrion," smiled the mother, "This robot isn't just a plaything. It's to protect you for your own safety! What are you going to name it?"

"Beep Boop!" laughed Marrion, "Because robots go Beep Boop! Come on Beep Boop! I'll show you some stuff in my room!"

"Beep Boop is a special robot!" called the father as Marrion and the robot went up to his room, "He's a fleshed out new robot that can even display more emotions and personality than any other! A very unique robot!"

...

"Imitate a dumb person!"

Beep Boop did as he was told and made a face that could make Marrion laugh. He made one million equations in a second, and all of them were wrong.

"A smart person! Make a smart person!"

Beep Boop played a military game with Marrion, and managed to breach his defenses in less than two seconds.

"I want you to tell a joke! A joke!"

"How do you fit an elephant inside a fridge?" asked Beep Boop.

"How?"

"You open the fridge, place the elephant inside, and close the fridge!"

Marrion laughed at the simplicity of the joke.

"I've got to say," said Beep Boop, "This amuses me a lot, Master Marrion!"

"What's up with that master thing?" asked Marrion, "I feel weird about that. I don't really own you, do I? We're friends, right?"

Beep Boop looked in silence before mumbling, "...yeah, friends. We are friends!"

"Please don't take him away!" said the father, "He's the only robot that could protect our son! The only one we could afford!"

"Except you didn't actually afford the robot," glared O'Malley, a file of papers in his hand, "You used up your credit. We're just simply taking back assets that could provide use for us as interest for all of your debt."

"Beep Boop!" cried Marrion in the background, his mother hiding him from the debt collectors.

Beep Boop couldn't respond. He was being held back by O'Malley's soldiers.

"Please, Mr. O'Malley!" said the father, "Taking anything else! That robot is special to our son! He's a friend!"

"A friend, eh?" said O'Malley, snapping his fingers.

The soldiers began beating Beep Boop's head in, hitting it with their weapons and causing major malfunctions to the inner workings of his personality biometrics to the point where it couldn't function anymore.

"Look here, little boy," smiled O'Malley, puffing his cigar, "Robots aren't friends. They're mere tools for the advancement of society. A robot doesn't deserve emotions. We'll be taking this robot for our own and using it better than you did."

Marrion simply cried more as the father begged on his knees.

"On second thought," whispered O'Malley to the soldiers, Beep Boop going into sleep mode, "Take them out. I've already got so many complainers. It's better to just get rid of all the negative criticism."

Bang bang bang!

The cries of the family were finally silent as Beep Boop was transported to the company.