Log 8: Kakegurui

"The clients weren't named, and there weren't any other records or receipts about any other transaction by the buyers," analyzed Laurence, "Simply put, we don't know who bought them. They covered their tracks."

"I can't believe we've been put at a dead-end," mumbled Andrew in disappointment.

"That's why we're entering this establishment," smiled Maurice as he opened the doors to the Kakegurui Bar and Diner, "The best place to find any dirt on people."

"Are dogs allowed?" asked Andrew, pointing at CC M-391, who was following them from the junkyard.

"They let anything in here," commented Maurice as they stepped inside.

As the group walked into the bar, they noticed the homely interior the bar had. It was bright and fuzzy, with a warm feel to the scenery. There were multiple people, sitting and talking, but not too much that it was crowded. There was a stage with a tap dancing monochromatic man performing. By the bar was a small person about three or four feet high. Maurice, Marie, Andrew, and Laurence sat on the bar seats, as CC M-391 laid down on the floor. If Andrew or Maurice tried to go near him, the dog would growl.

"One Germaine Whiskey, Mori," said Maurice as he placed some Bits on the counter before turning to Andrew, "Unlike most bars, you pay using Bits instead of actual cash. Hope you're loaded."

Andrew was more focused on the bartender. Mori seemed to be a young boy? Girl? It had gray hair and cat ears, as well as wearing a maid dress with a tie. He assumed that this was a Generation 3 robot.

"Who's your owner?" asked Andrew, "Are there any human bartenders around here?"

"I am Mori," replied Mori, with a blank expression.

"Uhh.. what?"

"I am Mori."

"Does that mean.. you're the bartender?"

"Yes. I am the bartender for this establishment."

"Are you a robot or a human?"

"I am Mori."

"Mori is Mori, Andrew," said Maurice as he looked over, seemingly getting defensive, "Stop questioning it and let it do its work!"

Out of massive confusion, Andrew just stayed quiet. Laurence analyzed the bar and looked around.

"This place has some weird people in it.." mumbled Laurence, "And I thought we would be the weird ones for bringing a robot dog in here."

"Kakegurui Bar is known for having the most insane people attending it," explained Marie as she sipped her tea, eyeing on Mori who ate the Bit that she provided as payment, "Every time Master Bennett takes me to this place, he always puts in a Bit for me so that I would protect him in any case he gets in trouble."

"Alright, let's not get distracted from what we're truly here for," interrupted Andrew, turning to Mori, asking, "You know anyone who might have a little need for Zonialation Diamonds?"

"I am Mori," it replied.

"I'm not asking for who you are, damn it!!" yelled Andrew in pain before whispering, "Just tell me if you know any shifty people around here."

Mori put their finger to their chin, before finally pointing at the man on the stage. Then, at a man sitting at a table. Then, at CC M-391. Then, at Andrew. Then..

"Stop fucking with me!!" yelled Andrew in more pain, "Why are you pointing at everyone!?"

"You did say for Mori to tell you if they know any shifty people," whispered Marie as she sipped her tea, "If you think about it, everyone here is pretty shifty; Including you, who's yelling at the bartender."

"I've decided to take my life," mumbled Andrew grimly.

"Stop making such hasty decisions so quickly!" argued Laurence.

"This bar is insane," scoffed Andrew, "I can't even tell if the bartender is a human or not."

"I am Mori."

"I know damn well who you are!" yelled Andrew as he slammed his head on the counter.

"You're a lost cause, aren't ya?" smiled Maurice smugly, looking around the bar himself, "Mori isn't the best when asking and digging for answers. They just serve the drinks. Pay no attention to the actual consumers. If anything, we should be asking the guy up on that stage. Gordon Swazz. He performs daily, wearing monochromatic makeup on his skin to make it look like he's from the early 1900s. He's pretty addicted to jazz, and I'm pretty sure he's performing here because no other bar would take him. Isn't that right, Maria?"

"Marie Antoinette," she replied, "It's Marie Antoinette. And yes, he's performed here daily."

"Sounds like a 'My Unhealthy Obsession' episode," commented Laurence.

"So we just ask that guy?" said Andrew as he got off the bar stool, "Alright, let's get at it."

As Laurence followed Andrew, Maurice and Marie stayed back at the bar, where CC M-391 was still resting. Gordon was performing a tap dance routine the jazz music that was playing from Mori's radio.

"Hey sir!" said Andrew, his hand cupped to his mouth, "We'd like to ask you a few ques—"

"This ain't the early 1900s buddy!" yelled someone from one of the tables, laughing with his buddies and making fun of the performer.

Gordon stopped dead in his tracks. He turned around to look at the man with a menacing glare, his face paint giving off a dangerous expression. Soon, he jumped off the stage and shoved his cane into the man's mouth, which burst through the man's nape. He then took out the bloody cane and whacked the man's face repeatedly until you couldn't even identify who the man was anymore.

"Holy shit, that's murder!" yelled Andrew as he took out his handcuffs and taser.

"Be careful, Andrew!" yelled Laurence, trailing behind.

"Hey, so who cares if you're not in the early 1900s?" said Andrew.

Gordon turned to Andrew with the same menacing expression.

"Why did I feel like my lifespan grew shorter?" thought Andrew in his head.