Log 35: Replay

It's been days now since the incident at the radio station occurred. There were multiple news stories covering the incident on every channel.

Jameson was on the front pages, talking about how there was an outbreak of robots from the government building. It proved Jameson's theories correct about robots forming a mind of their own, and led to his trust in developing new ways to help sort out robot bugs. This would greatly prove to be an advancement for robots that could potentially help with their relations with each other.

O'Malley was found dead in his room, presumed to have died by the rogue robot that appeared in the radio station that day. His death was mourned over, but people never came to learn about the truth of his real intentions.

The disappearance of Ichishojo, the idol robot, had shocked viewers everywhere. Their respective companies had gone for a search on where exactly she had went off to, and a huge bounty had been placed to find her. To this day, Ichishojo has not been found, confusing the entertainment industry.

When Maurice Bennett arrived at a nearby hospital, he was pronounced dead on arrival. He had lost too much blood by then, and it seemed like there was no way to help him. Upon hearing this news, Marie had no other purpose for her life. Her master was gone. As such, she made the proposal to donate her parts to Laurence to help Andrew whenever he got into trouble. Her disassembly was scheduled a few days ago.

Jules and Arya accepted Baxter into their laboratory, helping them out with not only forensics, but the developing of new inventions that they could create. One of their newest inventions were the flaming gloves that Baxter wanted to innovate for a long time, making it safe for the user and for allies around him.

Kakegurui still remains as one of the most dangerous bars in Engine City. However, it has new company. Mori adopted Dante when Maurice and Marie were no longer with him. At first, Dante got on rough terms with Mori, biting him and gnawing at his limbs. Soon, they became friends through their experiences with Maurice and Marie. Occasionally, Dante whines, waiting for the two of them to enter through the doors of the bar.

Beep Boop remains a forgotten robot in Engine City due to his cooperation with the rogue robot attacks at the radio station. However, his accomplishments with protecting the districts of the city have gone on throughout other parts of the world as a vigilante who patrols the streets. Although it's only a rumor, it has decreased some crime rates in other populations.

"Laura!" yelled Andrew, "I'll be going out now! Your Senior Investigator is going off to his job!"

"Alright," giggled Laura, "Stay safe this time. I swear! Don't wander too much into new trouble!"

"No promises," smiled Andrew.

As Andrew left his house, he found Laurence waiting by his front door.

"Acting all high and mighty now ever since you've been given your job back and promoted to a Senior Investigator, huh? It's not even that big of a promotion.."

"I'll take what I can get as long as I deal with justice," said Andrew, flashing a thumbs up.

The two began to head their way down the streets to investigate a murder that has occurred near a rural area of Engine City. The car ride was silent, until Andrew turned it to the history radio.

"Ah, this again?" asked Laurence, "Don't fall asleep while driving."

"Yeah, yeah, I won't," said Andrew, "I'm just glad this city has been more peaceful than it was a few days ago."

"You've got a lot of people to thank for that."

The two arrived at the crime scene, where some police officers parted for Andrew's appearance. There, Laurence created shields from his arms, in case Andrew might've been in any danger. These improvements were courtesy of Marie's parts and Arya's inventions.

"How do you think Jameson's doing right now?" asked Andrew, investigating the crime scene, opening his notebook and jotting down anything that he noted.

"He's probably busy with office work and such," said Laurence, "He took over O'Malley's position and should be handling lots of papers 24/7. I wonder if he's doing well without Ichishojo."

"We should really hang out sometime," said Andrew, completing his investigations and closing his notebook, "Poor sap's gotta have some fun in his life instead of being cooped up in an office."

"If he'll have time, I guess."

"Alright, Laurence," smiled Andrew, digging into his pocket and pulling out a Bit, sliding it into the coin slot behind Laurence's nape, "You know what to do.."

Laurence began to power up, his visor glowing as the inner workings of machinery began to display his signature move:

"Replay!"