Log 12: Vials

"Well!" smiled Arya, inspecting the vial, "It's clearly man made! There's no doubt that this kind of robot was made by a human. This also means that a human gave this robot their orders!"

"An order to kill humans..?" asked Andrew skeptically.

"Of course. That was the plan after all if you didn't get kidnapped, right?"

"But that's impossible! Robots can't kill or take orders to kill people. It goes against the law of robotics!"

"When are you going to get it inside of your head that this society isn't as what it seems?" said Maurice, suddenly holding Andrew up by his collar, fed up with what he was talking about, "You saw it for yourself, didn't you? Those robots were really out to kill or kidnap us to prevent us from knowing about the Zonialation Diamonds!"

"No fighting in the laboratory," interrupted Jules, "I don't want to clean up any blood stains. If you're going to fight, fight outside or something."

"In any case, we should really be focusing on the task at hand," announced Marie, "Where did the vials come from? Who created the robot? And who ordered the robot?"

"Well, judging from the scraps you've given me," explained Arya, "I could already tell that this robot is a Generation 4, so it was constructed relatively recently. It may take some time for me to find out which company these vials were made by.

Jules, if you can hand me my coffe— Oh! It's right here!"

Arya went over to the table to get a drink of her coffee. As she drank it, Jules perked up.

"Hey.. isn't that vodka?" asked Jules.

"Huh?" asked Arya in confusion, putting down the cup of coffee on the table, "What do you mean? What kind of vodka tastes like coffee?"

Jules went over to the tables and grabbed the coffee, taking a drink out of it. They then spat it out.

"This is definitely vodka!" yelled Jules, placing the coffee down on the table, "What the hell? Why are you drinking vodka this early in the morning?"

"More importantly," asked Laurence in confusion, "Why did she think that was coffee?"

"It's not coffee?" asked Arya, taking a sip from the mug once again, "I could've sworn that's what it tasted like."

"Someone should really monitor this person," commented Marie.

"Don't worry about it," smiled Arya as she sat down on her office chair, "Unlike last time, I'll keep this a secret from the officials. Why don't you two take a load off and visit a pub or something? You guys seem pretty tense."

"No pubs," glared Andrew, "I'm tired of bars."

"Well, if a pub isn't what you're looking for," suggested Arya as she looked around her desk, shuffling some papers before handing one to Maurice, "Why don't you try a cafe? There's a fairly recent one that just opened up."

"Yeah, Andrew," mumbled Maurice as he read the paper, "I think this cafe will be right up your alley! It sounds pretty relaxing compared to Kakegurui, and I've already passed this joint multiple times on my way to 'work.'"

"Kakegurui, huh?" commented Arya, "So that's why Andrew didn't like pubs. Kakegurui needs some taking-used-to after all."

"You've been to that hell hole?" asked Andrew hazily.

"Nice place," smiled Arya, "Mori is a cutie."

"Oh, don't remind me. Maurice, can I see that paper?"

"What paper?" asked Maurice as he slipped the paper into one of Marie's slots, shredding it.

"Hey asshole!" exclaimed Andrew, "You didn't have to do that! What was on that paper?"

"You'll see when we visit, of course," said Maurice, "Take a load off and relax. You clearly need it. Kakegurui has gotten your joints clunky."

Maurice walked out of the room, with Marie and CC-M391 following.

"That kind of person is insensitive about the effect that he has on others," commented Laurence.

"It's annoying," mumbled Andrew, "However, I still feel like he knows more than what he reveals. We have to keep tailing on to him."

"Hmm yes," smiled Arya, drinking her cup of vodka, "There is something off about the Maurice guy, but I can't really pinpoint it."

"Please stop drinking the vodka," warned Jules.

"Are you going to use the baseball bat again?" asked Arya in a taunting manner.

"I'll use something heavier. It's a common law that robots can't kill, but there's nothing that says robots can't hurt."

As Andrew and Laurence walked out of the laboratory to prevent seeing any potential bloodshed, they found Maurice petting CC-M391. The dog had rolled over and wagged it's tail.

"I think CC-M391 has been getting used to us," smiled Maurice, "Might as well name him a more simpler name before we head to the cafe."

"What kind of name are you proposing?" asked Andrew.

"Hmmm," smiled Maurice, putting his fingers up to his chin, "Let's go with... Dante."

"Why Dante?" asked Laurence, looking at the dog that was panting with its robot tongue out.

"I've read many books about people called Dante," explained Maurice, "On one hand, Dante was a coward who betrayed his friends and ran away from a potential danger. On the other, he was a ruthless father who did nothing but torment his son. However.. I think the best use of Dante was a man who remained loyal to his gang members, even willing to risk his life in order for them to live.

A loyal dog is worthy of having a loyal name."

"Real interesting," mumbled Andrew, half-paying attention to Maurice's explanation, "Are we going to go to this cafe now? I might as well bring Laura with me."

"Don't bring Laura," warned Maurice, "This kind of cafe isn't really made to suit women."

"What do you mean by that?" asked Andrew in confusion.

"What's a surprise if I tell you, eh?" smiled Maurice as he walked out of the door.

"Please excuse Master Bennett for his troubles," bowed Marie before following Maurice.

"This is the guy that has secrets inside of him?" mumbled Andrew hazily before he and Laurence followed.