5: the disconnect.

"Another one!"

Cameron chuckled before leaning into Brenna, planting a quick kiss on her puckered lips. He smiled at her as she grinned at him, pulling her in tighter. He took a bite out of his donut as he and Brenna continued to walk around on the boardwalk.

"Hmm, another one!" she begged as she looked up at him. He pecked her lips again before fully swallowing his food.

"I could've choked. You sitting here begging for kisses," he laughed as he took another bite.

She laughed as she took a bite of her own donut, some of the fruity pebbles on it falling off. Cameron looked around the busy boardwalk. It was going on 9 p.m. and the population of people walking around started to shift from families to young adults.

He and Brenna made their way onto a bench that faced towards the beach. She turned slightly, propping her legs onto his lap. He put his hand on her knee before finishing off his donut, tossing the wrapping paper into the trash can beside them. When he turned to face her again, he was met with her lips.

"Your lips are gonna fall off," he joked when he pulled away, grabbing a hold of her hand.

"Mmh, I missed your lips, though," she said, leaning back in. They kissed again, Brenna grabbing a hold of his face, deepening the kiss. Feeling it intensify, Cameron pulled away, slightly smiling at her.

"I missed yours too."

They sat on the bench in silence for a while, Brenna on her phone and Cameron watching some teens play a game of volleyball in the dark on the beach.

"Have you watched Gotham before?" Cameron asked, wanting to socialize with his date, his eyes still on the volleyball game.

"Gotham? Nah, I've never watched it before," Brenna answered, putting her hand on his cheek.

"We should watch it together. I've only seen the first two episodes, and Ben Mckenz-"

Cameron paused as he felt her lips connect with his neck. He took a slight deep breath as she bit into it, sucking on it. He felt her hand slowly slide down his chest toward his belt buckle. She pulled away and whispered in his ear.

"Let's go to your car."

______________________________

"You got hickeys on your neck, slut," Maya teased as she flicked one of Cameron's love bites on his neck. He smacked his teeth, glaring at her. Libby shook her head as she flipped over one of the pancakes on the stove.

"I'm guessing you and Brenna are on good terms? You came in here last night doing the cupid shuffle," Victor laughed as he put on his cycling gloves.

"Yeah. We're good," Cameron replied, blushing a bit as he looked down at his phone.

"So, is she your girlfriend again? Or y'all just 'fucking around'?" Victor asked, leaning down and emphasizing into his son's ear, causing Maya to gag.

"Vic, please, my blood pressure," Libby complained as she put the spatula down, looking down at the counter in distress.

"Dad! Go biking! Please!" Cameron said, motioning towards the door.

"Answer the question son!" Victor said in amusement as he watched his son's face get redder as the conversation continued.

"I don't know! We don't know! We haven't really talked about it. Probably?" Cameron said quickly, wanting his dad out of his business. Victor laughed maniacally as he went down the hall towards the garage, leaving to go cycling.