8: please don't deny me.

______________________________

Hit different when I think
you might be with somebody else.

______________________________

The past two weeks had been pretty hard for Cameron. He was so stressed - physically, socially, and emotionally. Physically, he had been waking up early everyday, going to the gym. He felt like he was getting skinnier as the days go by. He knew he had lost a lot of weight from the strenuous and constant movement that came with rehearsing for Descendents 3, but now he was losing muscle from sitting around all day. He was enjoying the freedom of being out of work and being able to sit on the couch and go out to eat all day a little too much, and the definition in his abs and arms was disappearing. Adding his new gym schedule to the intense amount of interviews, photoshoots, and auditions he was doing, he was feeling a bit overworked.

The heaviest stress on his mind was Brenna, though. Even though he had been constantly doing work, he made sure he set aside time to be with Brenna. He didn't want his relationship to suffer from his job, so he made it a priority to go and hang with her or call her everyday.

But-

It was. So. Damn. Boring.

They made a small agreement to chill with the sex. They wanted to make sure that their relationship didn't survive based off of fornicating every second.

It's safe to say that it failed. Cameron couldn't take the awkwardness and the tense silence, and the pressure to try and fill the air whenever he talked to his girlfriend. He thought it was time to call a spade a spade.

Cameron felt bad, though. He and Brenna hadn't even been dating for a full month. But, he finally came to terms with the truth. He and Brenna's attraction for each other was pure lust, and nothing more. It was time for them both to accept that.

Cameron sat in his backyard, his feet in the jacuzzi while Andre 3000 played from his phone. Brenna sat beside him, adjusting her bikini top a bit. Cameron had invited her over and planned to end the relationship, but he didn't know how to start the conversation. He scratched at his knee, stopping when Brenna put her hand over his. He instinctively held it, looking up at her. He watched her take a deep breath.

"Cam, I need to talk to you...about us," she said, looking at him nervously.

Cameron raised his eyebrows, a bit stunned. "...O-...Okay," he said slowly.

"I...um...Cam, I don't think we-..." she paused a bit, trying to gather her words.

"You don't think this is working?" Cameron finished for her, knowing exactly what she was going to say. He felt his shoulders fall a bit from the tension he didn't know he was holding.

"...Yeah...I-...I'm sorry Cam, it's just that-"

"No, no it's okay. You're right...I was about to say something too but, you beat me to it," Cameron said chuckling. Brenna scrunched her face up, giggling.

"I think we...have more sexual attraction than anything. Which is okay! Which is okay but, I feel like we should've looked at our relationship two years ago and seen the signs," Brenna said, laughing.

"Yeah...I just thought that since we had grown a bit and matured since then, it might've been different, you know?"

"Yeah, that's how I was thinking."